We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It must be borne in mind that the Decembrist is a plant of the Cactus family. And the temperature during reproduction should be appropriate - not lower than 20 °.
For the most part, this flower is propagated by breeders in special laboratories. But experienced gardeners-lovers of home plants have learned how to successfully do it on their own. And we are ready to share our experience with our readers.
Breeding methods of the Decembrist
- seed reproduction;
The flowering period of cactus plants ends at the end of February. Therefore, a convenient time for reproduction and transplantation of the Decembrist will, of course, be early spring... If you start breeding earlier, you will cause irreparable harm to the mother plant.
Now let's consider all the above breeding methods - in more detail.
A bright addition to your collection of home flowers - akalifa
7 useful tips for caring for a Decembrist (Schlumberger) at home
Such a simple method is suitable even for beginners. It does not require any special training or equipment.
Every spring, it is necessary to clean the plant from the top sheets to build up a lush crown. And the torn off material can serve as cuttings for propagation.
The method will give 100% result, if certain rules are followed:
- Unscrew the handle clockwise. Damaged or flaccid scions will not work. Cutting with scissors will not work.
- Dry it in a paper towel. So the microcracks will be tightened and the infection will not get into the plant.
- After drying, rinse the cuttings in a manganese solution and plant the cuttings in a plastic cup with soil and expanded clay at the bottom.
- Take your time to water the plant. The moisture contained in the soil is sufficient for the stem to take root. The appearance of new leaves is a signal for the continuation of the Decembrist family.
It is very important to correctly collect the seeds after flowering and follow the exact algorithm of actions:
- After the berry has become soft, remove the change from it, peel the pulp and dry on a towel. In this state, the seeds are able to multiply for about 3 years.
- Before planting, it is necessary to rinse the seeds in a solution of potassium permanganate or hydrogen peroxide.
- Spread the seeds on the prepared soil. There is no need to sprinkle it with earth on top. Additionally, it is not necessary to cover with glass, if the temperature regime is observed - the shoots will appear in about 2 weeks.
- A pick will be needed in 3 months.
Correct feeding for the Decembrist
Signs associated with the Decembrist
Leaf propagation is permissible only after flowering.
Options for choosing the right leaf:
- the sheet should not have any damage (cracks, scratches, punctures);
- a withering leaf is not suitable for transplanting (such material has no chance of germination);
- the sheet should have at least three segments (it should not be too small);
- it is desirable to have small roots at the base of the leaf (this will speed up the engraftment);
- the best place to pick up a leaf is the uterine column (so the plant receives a minimum of damage).
Immediately after the extraction of the leaves, they should be prepared:
- Dry from excess moisture (48 hours).
- Wash in peroxide or manganese solution.
- Transfer to a plastic cup with prepared moist soil. It should be deepened by half of the lower segment of the leaflet.
- The first watering will be needed after the soil is completely dry.
Transplanting or propagating a Decembrist is not a tricky business, but it is necessary to care for a young plant with extreme caution. So you will achieve a lush crown and lush flowering. Water the plant after the soil is completely dry.
Cut off any hints of bloom while the flower is young, so it does not lose strength and growth. Drain excess water from the pan to prevent rotting soil and young roots.
Questions From Readers
What container is better to choose for small Schlumberger leaves?
What kind of water should you put Zigacactus cuttings in?