We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Phalaenopsis Mix is a hybrid orchid variety that is adapted to home conditions. Growers appreciate Phalaenopsis Mix for its abundant, bright, colorful and long flowering. It fits perfectly into any interior and becomes a decoration for any room.
At the same time, caring for him does not present any particular difficulties, which even a novice florist can cope with. And more information about this amazing plant can be found in this article.
What is it and where did it come from?
Phalaenopsis Mix is a hybrid orchid variety that is adapted to home conditions.
Wet tropical Asia is considered the birthplace of Phalaenopsis. The discovery took place in the 19th century by Karl Blume during his travels through the Malay Archipelago, where he noticed this exotic flower.
Phalaenopsis is translated from Greek as "like a moth". The shape of the flower in its structure resembles a butterfly, the petals are the same in appearance and color. In 1980, Henry Welbrunn bred the first hybrid variety, which was named "Micro Nova". And later such as "Mix", "Luddemana" and others were brought out.
Description and photo of orchids
Phalaenopsis Mix belongs to the Orchid family, a genus of epiphytes. The leaves are oblong, blunt-pointed. Some sub-varieties have stains. The leaves range from light green to dark colors. From the leaf sinus, peduncles are formed, straight, but branching at the tops. There can be from 1 to 3. Each peduncle is covered with magnificent flowers.
Some species have a pleasant aroma. The color spectrum is varied from white to dark purple. With various patterns and edging. The size of the flowers can be from 2 to 15 cm. The root of the plant is branched, brittle and fragile.
What is the difference from fellows?
Phalaenopsis Mix differs from other types of orchids in the structure of flowers. They come in a variety of shapes, shades and sizes. The petals and cups are arranged alternately in the circle of the center of the flower. The petal itself is like a lip. At the same time, flowering is long, dense and lush.
"Mix" - means mixing or mixing, the term is used in music when vocals and musical instruments are mixed to get a song. Phalaenopsis Mix is a hybrid obtained by mixing different varieties. It is perfectly adapted for indoor life and easy to maintain.
Varieties and subspecies
Phalaenopsis Extra is a bright orchid with flowers of various shades. The leaves are wide, dark green, oblong. The flowers are planted at the top of the peduncle, medium in size.
The plant got this name for the large number of flowers. On one peduncle there can be up to 15 of them. Most often, flowers are collected in multi-flowered brushes. They bloom for a long time. Leaves are light green, long.
How often does it happen and how long does it last?
The Mix orchid blooms throughout the year, long and long. It happens up to 3 times a year. On average, flowering lasts up to 3 months, but some varieties up to six months. The peduncle itself is long, from 30 to 70 cm. The flowers are shaped like a butterfly or a moth. The colors are rich and varied in shades.
Care before vegetation and during dormancy
Before flowering, the plant is not rearranged to a new place, this is stress for him. They are grown in a transparent container that provides air and light. Do not allow the air to dry out, moisturize and water regularly. Daylight hours are at least 12-16 hours. They do not like drafts.
During the dormant period, fertilize with preparations containing calcium and phosphorus, and after releasing the peduncle, watered only with clean water.
At the end of flowering, the care is the same as before. The only thing is that the top dressing is returned, but the proportions are reduced.
When is incentive required?
If the plant does not bloom, while the care is correct, then stimulation is carried out:
- To do this, spray with the drug "Epin" every morning. And once a week 3-5 drops are added to the water for irrigation.
- Some growers use the drought simulation method, when they stop applying water or, conversely, arrange abundant watering for 3-4 days in a row, and then stop the water supply for 2 weeks.
- If there is a green peduncle, to stimulate flowering, it is cut off to the top of the first bud.
Home care after the store
The Mix plant thrives best on the eastern and western windowsills, where they receive the optimal amount of lighting.
Preparing the soil and pot
You can buy ready-made orchid substrate in the store. Or prepare the soil mixture yourself. For this, 3 hours of charcoal is mixed with 2 hours of tree bark and sphagnum moss.
The pot is selected small and transparent, since the plant loves tightness. The distance between the edges of the flowerpot and the roots is 3 cm.
The optimum temperature in summer for Phalaenopsis Mix is 20-25 degrees, in winter 16-18 degrees. To stimulate flowering, be sure to create a difference between day and night temperatures of 4-5 degrees.
The plant does not tolerate cold and drafts.
The ideal air humidity for the Mix orchid is 60%, but 30% is acceptable. Water containers or humidifiers are installed next to the pots. Spraying is carried out, but excess water is removed from the bosom of the outlet and leaves. Regularly, the leaves are wiped with a damp cloth.
In dry air, the plant can become sick and die.
Phalaenopsis Mix needs a bright diffused light. In the daytime, the pot is shaded from direct sunlight, otherwise the leaves may get burned.
When placed on northern windows and in the winter season, they are additionally illuminated with phytolamps. Orchid daylight hours are at least 12-16 hours.
The plant needs moderate watering. In the spring-summer period, every 3-4 days, and in winter it is reduced to 1 time in 2 weeks. The procedure is carried out after the substrate has dried. Excessive moisture can lead to mold growth.
Bathing of Phalaenopsis is considered the safest method of watering. A pot is lowered into a large container and left for 10-15 minutes. The root system will absorb the required amount of moisture.
For watering plants, use warm, purified, settled or filtered water.
- During the period of active growth, feeding is carried out with special fertilizers for orchids.
- During rest, the introduction of nutrients is stopped. Apply the remedy only to the watered plant.
Phalaenopsis Mix is transplanted once every 2-3 years. The procedure is carried out if the roots have grown and the flower is cramped. Carried out only after the cessation of flowering. The process consists of the following steps:
- A drainage layer of pebbles, shells or expanded clay is poured into a transparent pot.
- The plant is carefully removed, examined and cleaned of old soil. The rotten processes are removed.
- Places of cuts are disinfected with activated carbon.
- Phalaenopsis is installed in a new container and covered with soil.
- Do not tamp so as not to damage the roots.
For quick adaptation after transplanting, add 2 drops of zircon to a glass of water and water the orchid.
We offer you to watch a video about the correct phalaenopsis transplant:
How to propagate?
For the reproduction of Phalaenopsis Mix use "children" - shoots that arise on the peduncle and leaf rosette. The process consists of the following steps:
- Shoots are separated with 2-3 leaves and roots up to 5 cm.
- Places of cuts are sprinkled with coal.
- They are planted in containers with a drained substrate from tree bark and moss.
- Placed in an aquarium, florarium or greenhouse.
- Moisturize regularly.
- Contain at 22-24 degrees.
Grown in such conditions for about a year, and looked after, as for adult plants.
Diseases and pests
If kept incorrectly, Mix Orchid can be subject to the following diseases:
- Spots on the leaves. They appear with a lack of moisture, dry air and long exposure to the sun. The pot is moved to a shaded place and the watering regime is reviewed.
- Root rot. Occurs during plant overflow and hypothermia. An urgent need for transplanting, replacing soil and reducing irrigation.
- Buds wither. Lack of lighting, temperature changes, low air humidity. Containment procedures are being reviewed.
Phalaenopsis is often attacked by insects such as scale insects, scale insects, spider mites, and aphids.
If pests are found, they immediately begin treatment:
- Spraying with soapy water or phytoverm. During processing, the soil is covered.
- After 24 hours, the plant is washed. The procedure is repeated in a week.
Prevention of various problems
In order for Phalaenopsis Mix to no longer be damaged by various diseases and pests, it needs careful care. The following preventive measures are taken:
- compliance with temperature and light conditions;
- timely watering;
- sufficient air humidity;
- applying dressings;
- as well as regular inspection.
Phalaenopsis Mix is a unique plant that fits perfectly into any interior. And with due attention and care, it pleases the owner for a long time with its long and bright flowering.