We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Dill water has long been considered one of the best remedies for babies. Made from pharmaceutical dill, popularly known as fennel, the remedy is excellent for babies' colic and other intestinal disorders.
Dill water is a natural colic remedy for babies. It effectively fights symptoms, relaxing the smooth muscles of the intestine and significantly facilitating the well-being of the baby during the period of gas formation. This article will tell you more about this tool.
The composition of the drink
Such water is prepared on the basis of 0.1% fennel oil (pharmaceutical dill) or its fresh fruits. Sold in the pharmacy, in the form of tea bags for brewing or concentrate (mixed with water). Regardless of the type of manufacture, it copes with its task equally well.
How to do it yourself and what is the use?
Dill water for a baby is easy to make yourself, at home. After all, a self-made colic remedy is a guarantee of purity and naturalness. To do this, you need fennel seeds or its essential oil. When using fennel seeds, you do not need to boil some water, since it will be enough that you just pour boiling water over them and let them brew.
How to properly dilute water for a baby yourself:
- When using essential oil: dissolve 0.05 g of oil in one liter of water. The resulting solution is stored in the refrigerator for a month.
- When using fennel seeds: measure out 250 ml (teaspoon) of crushed seeds, pour them with one glass of boiling water and let it brew for about 40 minutes, drain.
The beneficial properties of fennel pleasantly surprise with their fair amount, namely:
- relaxes smooth muscles, relieves spasms;
- reduces pressure on the intestinal wall;
- helps in the formation of beneficial intestinal microflora;
- relieves inflammation;
- improves the withdrawal of bile from the body;
- kills pathogenic bacteria;
- improves appetite;
- helps with constipation;
- dilates blood vessels and promotes better blood flow to all organs;
- liquefies phlegm when coughing;
- helps to improve lactation for the mother.
Read about how to properly make and use dill water for newborns here.
What to use for?
Despite the wide range of useful actions, the main property of dill water is the normalization of the intestines and the easy removal of gases from the body.
Indications for use:
- colic in babies;
- bloating in an infant;
- prevention of disorders in the digestive tract in infants.
Depending on your mom's preferences, you can buy dill water at the pharmacy or prepare it yourself.
Advantages of the purchased product:
- You can be sure of sterility... Pharmacy products are manufactured using a special technology and undergo strict control.
- Ease of preparation... It is brewed with boiling water or diluted in warm water, depending on the type of product chosen. No need to fiddle with jars, insist and wait for preparation. This is especially important if colic is caught by surprise at night, on vacation or at a party. It is convenient to take a sachet or bottle with you.
Can babies be given water?
There are no contraindications to the use of dill water. Both a self-brewed and a purchased product can be used as early as the third week of a child's life, if necessary.
As with any other medicine, you should first consult a doctor. He will give advice and dosage depending on the severity of the problem.
Read everything about dill water and its use for children here.
What harm can it do?
By itself, water from fennel infusion is absolutely harmless.... In some, rather rare cases, an individual reaction of the body is possible. For example, allergic rashes or diarrhea.
The first time you use it, it is better to limit yourself to the lowest recommended dose. If there is no reaction, you can safely give the baby in the future.
You should not abuse this water without special need. The tool requires strict adherence to the recommendations for use from a doctor or specified in the instructions.
The naturalness of the components indicates the absence of visible contraindications. Thanks to herbal ingredients, dill water has long been considered one of the best remedies for babies in the fight against intestinal problems. In rare cases, individual intolerance to the component is possible.
Subject to all recommendations, there will be no overdose for the baby... If an overdose has occurred, you should not panic. An infant's gut that is used to breast milk or formula may respond with vomiting or diarrhea to excess plant water. There should be no other reactions.
If the above reactions occur, you should stop taking the drug and immediately contact your doctor for further observation and consultation.
Instructions: how much to drink and for how long?
Before using dill water, the body must be checked for a possible allergic reaction. In the first application, it is better to give 0.5 teaspoon in the morning, before feeding. During the day, observe the condition of the baby. In the absence of allergies, you can act according to the instructions.
- Homemade fennel water: 1 tsp each. solution to give 3 times a day before feeding.
- Dill water in the form of herbal tea:
- one sachet pour 200 ml of hot, boiled water;
- cover and leave for 10-15 minutes;
- 1 tsp each warm tea to give to the baby from 3 to 4 times a day between feedings.
- As a concentrate: give the prepared solution 0.5 ml (10 drops) before each feeding.
The advantage of dill water is that it is not addictive, but should be given as needed. If the child has become calm, does not press his legs to the tummy, does not act up for no apparent reason, the drug can be canceled.
Before using the pharmacy, be sure to read the instructions!
We suggest watching a video on how to properly give dill water to a child:
In conclusion, I would like to note that whatever the choice of dill water for a baby: in favor of self-production or a pharmacy remedy is an excellent, natural option for ridding a baby of intestinal troubles. Let your little ones get rid of tummy discomfort and grow up healthy!