We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Sorrel is a tasty and healthy plant grown in the garden. In order to have a lot of nutrients, it is regularly fed. Various components are used for this. In order not to harm this culture, you need to know exactly when and how to feed it.
In the article we will tell you about all the rules for feeding sorrel both in the open field and at home. We will also show you which fertilizers are suitable for each growing period.
The importance of feeding
Feeding is needed for sorrel to grow quickly, ripen, maintain health and prevent disease. Thanks to top dressing, the plant accumulates vitamins and minerals, becomes hardy, tolerates changes in air temperature, and a high level of humidity.
When should you fertilize?
It is brought in three times for the entire period of growing this culture. The first time this is done when preparing the soil for sowing. The second time in the spring, and the third in the summer, when the harvest has already been harvested.
It is not necessary to bring it in more often. This rule is violated if suddenly the condition of the soil has deteriorated and it urgently needs help. Then top dressing is not done according to plan to restore soil health... If it is in poor condition, it becomes dry, gathers in large lumps. It becomes heterogeneous, brightens. Weeds and pests can accumulate in it.
How to nourish with purchased products?
Feeding is carried out with ready-made fertilizers according to the instructions. Before starting this process, the instructions are carefully studied and do not violate.
In the spring
To carry out feeding, you must perform the following steps:
- All dried stems and leaves are removed from the site. It must be cleared of weeds and debris.
- Then the finished fertilizers are prepared. Each finished fertilizer has its own preparation stages. Fertilizers are diluted in water if necessary or mixed with other components to achieve the desired consistency.
- Further, the fertilizer is spread throughout the entire site.
Do not mix with soil. It is enough to put the product on the surface if it is dry. If the fertilizer is in liquid form, the soil is watered abundantly and left to absorb the agent.
The complex fertilizer MINIGRAN for vegetables and herbs perfectly fertilizes the soil... These are granules that are applied in April and May, once a month.
- The bag with the contents is unsealed. It contains 1.5 kg of granules. It is enough for 7-8 square meters of land.
- The area is sprinkled with fertilizer, slightly mixing with the surface of the earth.
- It is not necessary to water the fertilizer, dilute it with water.
- Top dressing with this tool is carried out in April and May.
Also suitable for sorrel liquid dressing "DCM Bio-organic Vegetables and Herbs"... It is used once every 2 weeks in April and May.
- 3 ml of the product is diluted in a liter of water.
- The resulting liquid is treated with a site.
After pruning for further growth
Fertilization in this case is not much different from spring feeding. First of all, you need to clear the site of weeds, slightly loosen the ground. After that, fertilizer is applied. If it is dry, it should be lightly mixed with the topsoil, but not too deep.
For ready-made solutions in liquid form, it is enough to water the soil, especially the area around the cut, so that the active growth of the culture is carried out in the future.
How to fertilize after cutting? An excellent remedy for this period is "FERTIKA for vegetables"... It is also suitable for greenery, including sorrel. With this fertilizer, crop growth is stimulated. You need to use the tool according to the instructions:
- A small amount of fertilizer (30 g per square meter) is placed on the plot.
- Fertilizers are lightly mixed with the soil.
- No need to water.
- This fertilizer can be applied every 2 weeks.
In the fall for soil preparation
It is very important to apply fertilizers during this period in order to prepare the land for the next year. To do this, after harvesting, the beds are digged with the simultaneous introduction of medicinal products. It is better to apply dry fertilizers so that they are thoroughly mixed with the ground.
Fertilizer Agricola Universal is suitable for this period.... It is sprinkled on an area (50 g per square meter) once every two weeks throughout the entire fall.
This complex contains many vitamins and minerals that the soil needs. The product is presented in dry form; you do not need to dilute it in water.
You should also pay attention to "Pokon"... This product is made in the form of granules, used in dry form. 30 g of the product is used for 1 square meter of the site.
Sprinkle the area with granules, mix them slightly with the soil. Fertilization is carried out throughout the fall once every 2-3 weeks.
Where could I buy?
Fertilizers are purchased in specialized stores for gardeners. When choosing funds, you should pay attention to their composition. It depends on the composition and components among them how useful the fertilizer will be. It is great if the composition of the top dressing contains:
- ammonium nitrate;
- potassium sulfate;
- ammonium sulfate.
These components are especially useful for grown crops and sorrel is no exception.
Also when choosing funds, you need to pay attention to what season they are intended for... For example: during spring, fertilizers intended for summer or autumn cannot be selected and applied.
The cost of finished products depends on the number of components in the composition and the amount of the product itself. On average, their cost varies from 150 to 600 rubles. But if the product is of a well-known brand, it contains many useful components, the price may be higher. The products of the brands DCM Bio-organic, FERTIKA, Agricola have proven themselves well. Containing natural ingredients, they help the sorrel grow and stay healthy.
How to fertilize from natural ingredients?
Organic fertilizers are applied in the same way as ready-made ones. Cooking them yourself is not as difficult as it seems at first glance.
- For autumn a product based on ammonium nitrate is suitable. Mix 15 g of this ingredient, 10 g of compost and 15 g of potassium salt. The resulting mixture is placed on the ground and lightly mixed with the top layer.
- In the summer the soil needs another top dressing, nitrogen is introduced. In a small amount, it is introduced into the ground. In August, they are fed with phosphorus. It is introduced in a small amount into the soil.
- In the spring useful mixtures are introduced between the rows of the site, without greatly deepening them. For each square meter of the garden, two buckets of humus are enough, which can be replaced with compost. This mixture will allow the plant to thrive and grow quickly.
Features of top dressing when growing on a windowsill and balcony
In this case, it is necessary to act more carefully: the deposited funds are taken in smaller quantities, they are buried 1-2 cm, but not deeper. Previously, the soil is slightly loosened, removing weeds and debris.
When growing at home, liquid products will be optimal when nutrients are mixed with water. Then they will be able to penetrate deeper, better saturate the earth.
What happens if you don't feed the plant?
If you do not add useful substances, do not feed the plant, very soon the gardener will notice the negative consequences. First of all, the appearance of the soil will deteriorate: it will become lighter than usual, gather into lumps. Weeds will quickly appear on it and the likelihood of pests will increase. The plant can become seriously ill.
In rare cases, without fertilization, the plant and soil remain healthy.... This is possible if the soil is fertile and extra feeding is not needed. Experts do not recommend taking risks. In their opinion, sorrel needs vitamins and minerals, and there are very few of them in the ground. For this reason, feeding is very important and cannot be ignored.
Feeding sorrel means caring for it, supplying it with nutrients and taking care of its growth. It also helps to avoid a number of diseases, increases the immunity of the plant, preventing pests from attacking and destroying it. Knowing the features of feeding, the gardener will grow a healthy plant.