We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Melissa officinalis is widely used in folk medicine. On the basis of the plant, they make healthy water infusions and aromatic alcoholic tinctures.
Before you start using lemon balm medicinal drinks, you need to familiarize yourself with contraindications and other important nuances of their preparation and use.
The article describes in detail the recipes for preparing aromatic medicinal drinks from lemon balm, tells about the use and side effects.
Why are lemon grass drinks good for you?
Melissa contains essential oils, vitamins A, B and C, organic acids, flavonoids, tannins, trace elements. The greatest concentration of medicinal components is concentrated in the leaves of the plant.
Tincture of lemon balm leaves has a beneficial effect on the human body:
- Calms and strengthens the nervous system.
- Relieves spasms and pain.
- Stirs up the appetite.
- Eliminates nausea.
- Activates salivation.
- Improves metabolism.
- Stops the inflammatory process.
- Possesses antibacterial properties.
- Boosts immunity.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Provides a mild diuretic effect.
- When applied externally, it accelerates the regeneration of the skin.
What are tinctures used for?
It is recommended to use lemon balm tinctures if you have the following problems:
- neurological disorders, including neuroses;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- lack of appetite;
- decreased immunity;
- premenopausal period;
- rheumatism, joint diseases;
- fungal infections of the skin and nails;
- rash, acne.
Contraindications and side effects
Lemon balm tinctures have a number of contraindications. You cannot accept funds in such cases:
- individual intolerance to the components of the drink;
- fever of unknown origin;
- renal failure;
- lactation period;
- children under 12 years of age.
It is forbidden to drink water infusions from lemon balm for children under 3 years old.... Long-term use of such funds is unacceptable at the age of 7 years.
Treatment with lemon balm tincture can provoke the development of bradycardia. For diseases of the heart and blood vessels, folk remedies can be used only after consulting a doctor and under his supervision.
Lemon balm-based products can cause drowsiness, decreased concentration, and inhibition of reaction. It is not recommended to take them before driving or before starting any serious work.
It should be noted that in men, medications with lemon balm can provoke a decrease in sexual function.
The best varieties for making a drink
There are many varieties of lemon balm, which differ in external characteristics and advantageous beneficial properties. For the preparation of tinctures, the following varieties are used:
- Lemon flavor;
- Pure gold;
How to make alcohol infusion: step by step instructions
To prepare the tincture, it is better to take fresh lemon balm leaves, but you can also use dry ones.
Raw materials are washed and dried a little. It is necessary to chop the leaves thoroughly in a blender or chop finely with a sharp knife.
- chopped fresh lemon balm - 50 grams;
- vodka - 100 grams for high concentration, 200 grams for low concentration.
- Rinse fresh lemon balm leaves, dry and chop.
- Pour into a glass container.
- Pour in vodka.
- Close the container with a lid.
- Infuse the drink in a cool, dark place for 7 days. Shake occasionally.
- Store in a tightly closed container for no longer than a year.
To reduce the strength of the tincture, you can add 100 grams of cold clean water, leave for two weeks.
- Neuroses, sleep disorders - drink 15 drops once a day before bedtime or 5 drops 3 times a day before meals.
- For mouth rinses - dilute a teaspoon of the tincture in a glass of warm water.
- For rubbing and compresses - pre-dilute with water.
- chopped lemon balm leaves - 50-60 grams;
- alcohol 40 ° - 150 ml;
- water - 100-150 ml.
- Wash fresh lemon balm leaves, dry in the oven.
- Place in a glass jar.
- Add water and alcohol.
- Cover the container with a lid.
- Send to a cool, dark place for 2-3 weeks.
- Filter the infusion.
Application: Colds, low immunity, heart disorders, neuroses, premenopausal period - drink 20-30 drops 3 times a day. Dilute a single serving in half a glass of water.
- chopped fresh lemon balm leaves - 40-50 grams;
- moonshine - 200-250 ml.
- Finely chop the washed and dried leaves with a knife.
- Put in a jar.
- Pour with moonshine.
- Remove to a cool, dark place for 2-3 weeks. Shake the jar every day.
- Strain the solution.
- Store the tincture in a tightly closed dark glass container.
- Consume 15 drops before each meal.
- For compresses, dilute the product with water.
With honey and mint
- thyme - 1 teaspoon;
- natural honey - 1 teaspoon;
- dry lemon balm leaves - 0.5 teaspoon;
- mint - 0.5 teaspoon;
- wormwood flowers - a pinch;
- vodka or moonshine - 500 ml
- Mix dry herbs and honey in a jar.
- Add vodka or moonshine.
- Insist 2-3 weeks.
- Filter thoroughly.
- Transfer to storage container.
Application: Neuroses, flu, ARVI - drink 50 ml per day.
Recipe and application of boiling water infusion
- dry lemon balm leaves - 4 tablespoons;
- water - 500 ml.
- Pour hot water over the grass.
- Leave covered for 30-50 minutes.
- After cooling, strain through a piece of gauze.
- Migraine - gradually drink a glass of infusion as part of an attack.
- Anemia, dizziness, nervous disorders - take 100 ml twice a day.
- Gastritis, stomach ulcer - consume 100 ml 3 times a day before meals.
The course is 2-4 weeks. For a compress - soak a piece of cotton cloth in the infusion and apply to the affected area.
To enhance the sedative effect, you can add mint leaves, chamomile, thyme. Rosehip, currant and raspberry leaves enrich the taste of the infusion and increase the content of vitamins.
Lemon balm tincture has a calming effect and boosts immunity... The drink can be easily prepared at home. It is important to study the list of contraindications and observe the recommended dosage.