We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ginger is the richest source of nutrients, therefore it is successfully introduced into the composition of many cosmetic and pharmaceutical preparations.
Ginger oil has the widest range of useful properties; it is used in many fields, such as medicine, cosmetology and others.
In this article, we will try to explain in detail how to properly use this miraculous essential oil of the root.
What is it and what types are there?
Ginger oil - is a light yellow liquid with a strong spicy-woody aroma. The plant extract is mixed with a vegetable oil. Commercially produced by direct extraction or steam distillation, if dried roots are used for making.
- Plain ginger oil - differs from ethereal in that it is not prepared on an industrial scale and the concentration of substances in it is less.
- Essential oil - Powerfully stimulates tissue metabolism. Heats up the skin, enhances blood supply, removes toxins. It has a high concentration of substances, since the extract is manufactured on an industrial scale, therefore, it requires dilution before use.
- Hydrophilic oil - successfully used in cosmetology for effective cleansing. Also a product of industrial production, containing in its composition, in addition to ginger oil, substances that make it possible to successfully carry out cosmetic procedures. Ready to use, no dilution required.
|Vitamins and trace elements (mg)||Regular oil||Essential||Hydrophilic|
Given the high concentration of substances and the severity of the action, essential oil is the best option.
Properties, indications and contraindications
Presented below the list of indications applies to regular and essential oils:
- The oil has antiviral properties and is able to cope with herpes.
- A good pain reliever for neuralgia and headaches of various etiologies.
- Relieves inflammation and can be used as an expectorant.
- Stimulates the successful healing of wounds and abscesses.
- Improves cerebral circulation and is a good prevention of atherosclerosis.
- The aroma of the essential oil improves mood and is able to overcome stress.
- The oil is effective for the treatment of arthritis and arthrosis, helping to reduce inflammation and restore cartilage tissue.
Hydrophilic oil is indicated for use:
- With dry skin.
- With acne and post-acne.
- For daily care of combination and sensitive skin.
Contraindications for the use of any ginger oils ginger oils include:
- Burns, undiluted essential oil should not be applied to wounds.
- Individual intolerance and allergic reactions are also a reason to refuse to use the product.
- Elevated temperature.
- Liver disease.
- Stomach ulcer.
- Age up to seven years.
Important! During pregnancy, the possibility of using ginger oil must be discussed with your doctor. In general, all manufacturers indicate pregnancy as a contraindication to the use of oil, but if its course goes without problems, a specialist can authorize the use of this remedy.
Is it possible to get it yourself?
Ginger oil is useful in every home. You can cook it yourself... Considering that this version of the oil is not as concentrated as the one that is prepared under industrial conditions, there is no need to dilute it before use, it is suitable for ingestion.
- Base oil, olive, almond or jojoba is best.
- A piece of ginger rhizome, about five centimeters in size.
- Remove the peel from the ginger and cut it into translucent slices.
- Put in a glass container, cover with oil.
- Cover the container and put in a dark place to infuse for three weeks.
- Strain the finished oil and store in a cool place.
Where to buy essential and hydrophilic?
Ginger oil is commercially available... It can be easily purchased from pharmacies or aroma oil stores. In addition, hydrophilic oil is often sold in beauty care stores.
The price of essential oil ranges from 130 - 150 rubles for 50 ml in Moscow and 120 - 130 rubles in St. Petersburg.
Hydrophilic oil is more expensive. For a bottle of 100 ml. in Moscow you will have to pay an average of 500-600 rubles, in St. Petersburg 450-470 rubles.
How to use?
To remove freckles, you can use homemade ginger oil in the following variation.
- Almond oil - two teaspoons.
- Ginger oil - four drops.
- Pink grapefruit oil - three drops.
- Rosewood oil - three drops.
Preparation: add the rest of the ingredients to the almond oil, mix.
Application: apply the mixture to the skin in the morning and in the evening for at least a month to achieve the whitening effect.
Mask for oily skin
- Ginger essential oil - 1 tsp
- White clay - 1 tbsp.
- Cool brewed green tea - 1 tsp
- Chamomile infusion - 1 tsp
Preparation: add all the ingredients to white clay - mix.
Application: apply the mask once a week for 15-20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
In its pure form for the face, you can use a hydrophilic little... It is a mild yet very effective cleanser. The advantage of this particular type of oil is that it is able to bind wax and fatty components on the skin and together with them can be easily removed with water. Hydrophilic ginger oil does not dry out the skin, unlike many makeup removers.
We suggest watching a video on how to prepare a mask using ginger oil:
The recipe uses essential ginger oil.
- One tablespoon of burdock or olive oil.
- One teaspoon of coarse salt.
- Ten drops of ginger oil.
Preparation: all ingredients must be mixed into a homogeneous mass.
- The composition is carefully rubbed into the scalp.
- They put on a plastic cap and keep it on the hair for half an hour, after which they are washed off with shampoo.
The mask actively stimulates hair growth and fights hair loss.
Against the loss of curls
Another composition that saves hair from falling out is prepared as follows.
- Ginger slices - seven pieces.
- Odorless vegetable oil - 100 ml.
Preparation: pour ginger over with oil and insist for three weeks in a dark, not hot place.
Application: Rub the mixture into the scalp twice a week.
For soft skin
- Olive oil - 10 ml.
- Ginger essential oil - 4 drops.
Preparation: add ginger oil to olive oil - stir.
Application: Apply the resulting composition daily to the skin of the hands, it nourishes, relieves dryness and heals wounds.
- Chopped parsley - 1 tsp
- Fatty cottage cheese - 3 tsp
- Fish oil - 3 drops.
- Ginger essential oil - 2 drops.
- Squeeze the juice out of the parsley. It is he who is needed for the mask.
- Mix all components.
Application: hold the mask on hands for 20 minutes, then rinse with cool water. To enhance the effect, you can wear warm gloves.
Important! It is helpful to rub undiluted essential oil into the nail plate and cuticle. This will achieve a whitening effect, soften the cuticles and strengthen the nails.
Essential oil is used for aromatherapy in the following variants.
Ingredients: bottle of ginger essential oil.
Application: periodically open the bottle and take several deep breaths over it - this will relieve tension, remove the effects of stress and calm headaches.
- Ginger essential oil.
- Oil burner.
Application: apply a few drops of oil to the platform of the aroma lamp.
The exhausted spicy vapors will not only improve your mood, but also disinfect the indoor air.
Homemade oil is best for ingestion and stimulating digestion.
- Cucumber - 200 grams.
- Carrots - 300 grams.
- Garlic - 1 clove.
- Sesame seeds - 20 grams.
- Ginger oil - 10 ml.
- Cut the cucumber into strips, grate the carrots on a coarse grater.
- Pass the garlic through a press.
- Mix the ingredients, sprinkle with sesame seeds and season with ginger oil.
Ginger suppresses appetite and improves digestion, helps to remove toxins and excess fluid from the body. Thanks to this, the results of the diet will not keep you waiting.
For weight loss in complex therapy, ginger essential oil is used against cellulite.
- Ginger oil - five drops.
- Juniper oil - three drops.
- One hundred grams of olive oil.
Preparation: mix the ingredients.
Application: rub the composition into problem areas, wrap with foil, leave for twenty minutes.
Improving blood circulation
The main component of the recipe for the massage: ginger essential oil.
- The massage should be carried out in the morning, while the patient is still in bed, in order to prevent overloading the joint.
- Apply four drops of oil to the palm of your hand and rub gently into the affected area in a clockwise direction. This will improve blood circulation and distribute the load to the muscles.
- Next, you need to do light tapping with your fingers, achieving a slight vibration of the joints.
- The massage is completed with stroking movements directed upwards from the sore spot.
- Ginger essential oil - three drops.
- A glass of 96% alcohol.
- Dilute the oil in alcohol.
- For a week, insist away from sunlight.
Application: use the tincture for rubbing problem areas four times a day.
From tired legs
- Foot cream - portion, single use.
- Ginger essential oil 2-3 drops.
Preparation: mix the ingredients.
Application: rub in the composition daily, until symptoms of chronic fatigue disappear. Ginger is a very good venotonic.
Baths to relieve the feeling of heaviness
It will take:
- A basin of warm water.
- A few drops of oil.
Preparation: thoroughly dissolve the oil in water.
- Dip your feet for fifteen minutes.
- At the end of the procedure, dry your feet without wiping with a towel.
Such baths help to relax after a hard day at work, and also have a beneficial effect on the feet, helping them to relieve fatigue and have a good effect on your general condition.
Ginger is not a strong allergen, therefore, a painful reaction of this kind on the part of the body to an extract from the root is quite a rare occurrence. Despite this, before the first use, it is necessary to carry out tests:
- If you plan to use oil in aromatherapy, then you need to open the bottle and take a few breaths. If no headache or nausea is noticed within a day after that, then the remedy is suitable.
- If the oil will be used for cosmetic purposes or consumed internally, then you need to apply a few drops to your wrist. If no irritation appears on the skin within 24 hours, then the immune system has taken the ginger well.
Ginger oil in all its forms is a unique healing and care product. Provided there are no contraindications, everyone can be advised to have it in the home arsenal of useful drugs.
Watch an interesting video about the properties and uses of ginger essential oil: