We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Tomatoes appear on our tables in summer and delight with their juicy taste and unique aroma in a variety of salads and other dishes. The vitamins of group B, K, ascorbic and niacin, as well as fiber and pectin, contained in them, will become an excellent aid in losing weight.
In addition, the vegetable is able to thin the blood, which means it will be useful for people with thrombophlebitis or varicose veins. There are many ways to grow a rich and healthy crop, and we will look at each of them in detail. Read about old and proven, as well as the most unusual and new, secret and accelerated methods of growing tomatoes, about the best ways to prepare seeds for sowing, and planting and watering options.
This method is rapidly gaining popularity among summer residents, and all this is because in the end the harvest is juicy. Its essence lies in the fact that the preparation of the holes is carried out either in late autumn or early spring.
It should be remembered that the width of the hole should be about 50 cm, and the depth should be 25 or 30, while the distance between the holes should be from 1.2 to 1.5 meters. The ground is laid evenly and neatly along the perimeter; an iron stake about two meters high is placed in the center of the hole. Layers in the holes:
All contents should be thoroughly mixed, and then create a solid side of soil about six centimeters high. Blooming seedlings with a height of 55 cm are dug up, the roots are cut, the lower leaves are torn off and planted in ready-made holes, well watered.
Mulch the soil with materials convenient for you, this will significantly reduce the amount of watering. Caring for tomatoes will not take much time and effort, you just need to tie them to the stake and fertilize once a week when watering. Spray seedlings no more than three times a week.
The advantages of this method are:
- Saving time.
- A bountiful harvest.
- Doesn't require much effort.
Among the minuses are:
- Mostly suitable for northwest regions.
- Not all varieties can be grown.
M. Maslov's method
An engineer from Kaliningrad (a town in the Moscow region) Igor Mikhailovich Maslov in 1983 proposed his own unique method of planting tomatoes. He was shown on television in programs such as "Subsistence" and "You Can Do It." After that, gardeners began to actively use this development. Igor Mikhailovich suggested planting seedlings not traditionally (vertically), but lying down (horizontally).
In his opinion, this contributed to the development of a healthy root system. Also, it is worth laying not only the roots themselves, but also part of the stem (an important point is that it must be laid strictly from south to north). By the way, it is better to grow seedlings in several stems, and not in one, in order to achieve this, you just need to allow the side shoots to grow to their full length (in no case pinch!).
In the future, they should be bent to the ground, and later completely buried in the ground. Further care involves regular watering, removing weeds, fertilizing and loosening the soil.
- Economical use of seedlings (especially beneficial if you want to grow expensive varieties).
- No special care required.
- Not suitable for all varieties (it is best to use "Russian giant" or "Ukrainian giant").
- There is a risk of decay.
Grandfather's method or "yeast watering"
Another interesting one, an original and unusual way is to water the tomatoes with yeast. The recipe is extremely simple, you need to take a three-liter jar, fill with pre-settled water about 2.6 liters and add 90-100 grams of yeast diluted with a teaspoon of sugar.
Cover the solution with gauze, put in a warm place and wait for fermentation (from time to time, you need to shake the contents). One glass of such a solution is diluted in ten liters of water and this diluted solution is already being watered.
The method is suitable for growing strong seedlings without unnecessary nerves... It is worth replanting tomatoes when they are ready for picking.
The main feature of the method is that the device necessary for planting tomatoes can be made at home with your own hands.
- For this method, we need a 1 liter plastic bottle. It needs to be cut into two parts: up and down.
- Then pour water into the lower part and put the upper one (the one with the neck).
- Next, you need a synthetic lace 15 cm, half wrap it in a plastic bag and lower it into the water through the neck.
- At the end, fill the earth into the structure and plant the seedlings.
Tip: It's better to take synthetic rope, not cotton.
- Unpretentious care
- Building up strong roots.
We offer you to watch a video about the features of wick irrigation:
A rather controversial method of growing tomatoes was proposed by Lyudmila Terekhina. And some summer residents praise him, and also actively use him, while others scold him and treat him skeptically. What is this method?
- Preparing tomato seeds for sowing... For the seeds, you will need to prepare an ash solution (pour 2 tablespoons of ash with boiled water). Inspect the seeds themselves, discard them, and place the normal ones in plastic cups or small glasses. Pour the seeds with an ash solution and let it brew for 2-3 hours, then soak in potassium permanganate for 15-20 minutes. The seeds should be allowed to dry out a little, and later soaked in "Epin", and then put in the refrigerator for a day.
- Planting tomato seeds... On the advice of Lyudmila, it is carried out according to the lunar calendar on the waning moon. Seeds from the refrigerator are sown into the soil well-spilled with potassium permanganate solution. Sprinkle the crops with earth and snow, then wrap them in plastic bags and leave warm.
- Care... It is very simple and does not require any extra hassle. In the daytime, expose in a warm place, and at night in a cool one.
- Picking... Carried out at the two-leaf stage. Cut the stem with scissors, bend and place in a small glass.
- Open ground transplant... The wells should be prepared the day before planting. Fall asleep in each:
- fine sand;
- mineral fertilizer;
- ground eggshell;
- a teaspoon of potassium sulfate.
- Tomato care... Assumes fertilization in 10-12 days. Terekhin advise to form a bush in 2-3 trunks, and not in one, and also not to forget about loosening the soil.
Reviews of this method are very contradictory, so everyone should personally make sure of the effectiveness or, on the contrary, the inefficiency of the method.
Can only be used on seedlings that have been standing for a month. To begin with, you should cut the seedlings at ground level, then put the cut in Epin's solution and let it brew. Prepare a glass of soil and put a slice in it, spill it with Epin and cover with a bag on top.
Pros of the Japanese way:
- They rarely get sick during the growth stage.
- The method is very efficient and does not require large expenditures.
But not without drawbacks:
- The seedlings may be too stretched.
- The roots can rot.
You should be very careful when transplanting. An earthen lump must be left so as not to damage the roots. A pick is carried out when the plant releases two leaves, most often this happens after a week. Watering is carried out twice a week.
For a better procedure, the seedlings are shed in a few hours, which helps to soften the soil. It is also better to use plastic cups for planting. Immediately after the pick, top dressing is carried out.
Planting can be done in the traditional way, in which the seedlings are planted together in one large container. There is also an unconventional method in which the seedlings are germinated in separate cups.
We offer you to watch a video about the features of picking tomatoes:
- Square-nest planting of tomatoes... Better for tall varieties. With this method, two plants are placed in a 70 x 70 cm nest. After planting, you need to carry out frequent ventilation.
- Ribbon landing... Suitable if you need to plant a large number of tomatoes on one site. The essence of the method is that the soil is cut into special furrows, the distance between which is 120 cm, and then the bushes are planted on opposite sides of these furrows.
- Spray with boric acid solution.
- Do not forget about hilling at the time of root growth.
- Mulch the soil.
- Tear off leaves during fruiting.
- Conduct foliar dressing, this will be an excellent addition to care and will certainly help to make the future harvest richer.
Whichever of the listed methods you choose, you should remember that if you carefully approach the planting process, the seedlings will delight you with juicy and aromatic tomatoes, which you will happily taste both in summer and winter.