We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Nowadays, medicinal herbs are increasingly used in the fight against obesity. One of these is marjoram, aka mess, which is also called markadush or barkadush.
This herb from the Oregano genus is used in the preparation and imparting a beneficial taste to many dishes and contains substances that are indispensable during the period of weight loss.
Our article will tell you how to use this herb when dieting and how to drink decoctions and infusions based on it.
Will this herb help you lose weight?
Bardakosh helps to fight obesity, but not directly, but indirectly, since this herb is not a plant that burns fat. The mess has several mechanisms that affect all metabolic links, which, with prolonged use, leads to a gradual weight loss. The herb mess is often included in phytopreparations and diet pills.
Useful properties of marjoram
The beneficial properties of marjoram that promote weight loss are determined by the high content of fat-soluble vitamins (A, E, K, calciferol), pectins and fiber in it.
When taking marjoram, there is a direct relationship between weight and the rate of its decrease - the more overweight a person has, the faster it will decrease. Weight loss when taking a mess ranges from 2 to 7 kg. The mechanisms of action of the mess are expressed by such effects as:
- Diuretic action due to sodium and chlorine, leading to a decrease in the size of fat cells, which are 99% water.
- Acceleration of the passage of food masses through the intestines due to pectins and fiber.
- Stool normalization due to tannins.
- Excretion of excess water from the body.
- Excretion of excess sodium and glucose, which in the kidneys also attract water with them.
- Decrease in appetite, due to which the amount of food taken is also reduced.
- Stimulation of the release of bile and digestive juices, which leads to the absorption of more vitamins and microelements in the intestine, and, as a consequence, a decrease in subsequent portions of food.
- Destruction of cholesterol plaques due to vitamin E.
- Cleansing the intestines from toxins and toxins, which take up to 3-4 kilograms in the human body.
Read about the beneficial properties, contraindications and the use of the medicinal properties of marjoram here.
Per 100 grams of product: calorie content - 27 Kcal, proteins - 5 g, carbohydrates - 2 g, fats - 0.3 g, fiber - 5.4 g, water - 67 g.
Trace elements and vitamins:
- pectins - 23 g;
- tannins - 2.3 g;
- vitamin A - 75 mg;
- thiamine - 3.4 mg;
- choline - 12 mg;
- pyridoxine - 2.3 mg;
- vitamin B9 - 3.7 mg;
- riboflavin - 12 mg;
- pantothenic acid - 3.4 mg;
- cholecalciferol - 45 mg;
- phylloquinone - 0.01 mg;
- vitamin PP - 5.3 mg;
- tocopherol - 56 mg;
- calcium - 32 mg;
- sodium - 12 mg;
- iron - 12 mcg;
- zinc - 7.4 mg;
- chlorine - 8 mg;
- copper - 0.8 mg;
- manganese - 43 mg.
- Acute infection.
- Liver pathology.
- Individual intolerance.
- Pre- and postoperative period.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Marjoram is a spicy herb common in Mediterranean cuisine. It has its own beneficial properties and contraindications. Also, miraculous essential oils are made from greens, which you can read about on our website.
Cooking recipes and methods of application
Marjoram is used for weight loss fresh and dried as a component of vegetable and meat dishes, hot drinks are also prepared from it. The greatest benefits of marjoram are expressed after heat treatment.
How to apply?
Marjoram is rarely consumed separately from other foods. Most often it is added to food as a condiment, since marjoram gives the taste of dishes a mild aromatic shade.
It is possible to consume a small amount of fresh foliage along with oils that improve its digestion.
- 50 grams of fresh marjoram leaves;
- 20 ml olive or corn oil;
- pepper and lemon to taste.
- Finely chop the marjoram greens.
- Mix with vegetable oil, stir for 1 minute.
- Add pepper or lemon.
- Consume immediately after preparation.
Application: inside, 50 grams of marjoram half an hour or an hour after a meal. The course is 30 days, after a five-day break, the course is repeated.
As an additive
Adding marjoram to a finished dish is mainly used in a salt-free diet, since this plant can partially replace salt with itself due to its pleasant aroma and taste.
- any for a vegetable or meat dish;
- 30 ml of vegetable oil;
- 120 grams of marjoram;
- spices to taste.
- Finely chop the marjoram leaves while cooking the ingredients of the main course.
- Season the dish with vegetable oil. Do not salt.
- Sprinkle with chopped marjoram on top, remove the dish from heat.
Application: regardless of the amount of the main course, marjoram should be consumed no more than 50 grams at a time, per day - no more than 3 receptions. Do not drink food. The course of admission is 25 days, then a break and repetition of the course is 5 days.
- 20 grams of fresh or dried marjoram;
- 200 ml of boiling water;
- sugar to taste.
- Finely chop the marjoram.
- Pour the herb into boiling water, cover the dishes with a lid for 15 minutes.
- Add sugar, judge.
Application... Inside, 200 ml 1 hour after meals, the maximum daily amount is 600 ml. Course 35 days.
- 10 grams of fresh or dried marjoram;
- 200 ml of water;
- sugar to taste.
- To boil water.
- Add chopped marjoram leaves, sugar.
- Insist for 20 minutes.
Application... Inside, 200 ml once a day half an hour before meals, in the first half of the day. The course is 40 days.
- 15 grams of marjoram;
- 500 ml of water;
- sugar, lemon to taste.
- To boil water.
- Grind the marjoram and add to the water. Mix.
- Pour in sugar, add lemon.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool to 70 degrees.
Application... Inside, 150 ml 3 times a day one hour before meals. The broth can be reheated. The course is 20 days, the break is 7 days, the repeated course is 25 days.
Steam bath cooking
- 20 g dry marjoram.
- 300 ml boiling water.
- Pour chopped marjoram into an enamel bowl.
- Pour boiling water over.
- Pour water into a large saucepan and put on fire.
- When the water boils, place an enamel dish on top of a pot of boiling water.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, strain.
Application: inside, once 300 ml in the morning, 1 hour before meals. If you can't drink everything at once, then pour out the rest. The course is 35 days, after a five-day repetition, you can repeat the course.
Read about the use of marjoram in folk medicine and perfumery here.
Where and at what price to buy?
Marjoram is sold in the following form:
- dried herbs;
- dried seeds;
- fresh herbs;
- and fresh seeds.
You can buy the plant on the Internet and in garden shops in Moscow and St. Petersburg. The average price for seeds is 56 rubles and ranges from 34 to 78 rubles per 20 grams.
The price for marjoram greens ranges from 44 to 128 rubles and averages 86 rubles per 100 grams. In order not to buy a fake, when buying, pay attention to the appearance of the plant... The leaves of marjoram have an oval elongated shape, pale green, bright, shiny, grow out of the bosom in twos, have even edges, reach 3 cm in length. The stems are even, straight and have no additional branches. The plant has a sweetish aroma, reminiscent of the smell of camphor.
Long-term use of the herb as a component of dietary nutrition will help to gently and imperceptibly adjust weight, regardless of the amount of extra pounds. There are many simple and quick recipes for eating this plant, and marjoram itself is available on the market, both fresh and processed.