We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ginger drinks have become widespread throughout the world. All this is due to the unusual taste and numerous useful properties. They become especially relevant in the season of colds and SARS.
Ginger root is a very spicy product with a unique taste. The benefits and healing properties of this root have been known since ancient times.
Ginger-based drinks can be an excellent addition to drug treatment, and in case of a mild stage of the disease, they can completely replace drugs. In this article, you will learn how to brew this spice for maximum effect.
Will the root help to cope with the disease and how?
Ginger root has a complex chemical composition, which allows you to fight the common cold. It works quickly and efficiently, accelerating the healing process through the following components:
- vitamin C;
- folic acid;
- vitamin of group B, E, K, PP;
- amino acids;
- pectin substances;
- omega-3 acids.
These substances are basic, however there are elements that are present in ginger in a lesser concentration, but they also play an important role in the recovery process from a cold. These elements are:
- as well as polyunsaturated fatty acids.
How is it useful for illness and can it harm?
The benefits of the root for the body:
- fights inflammation, and also increases the protective functions of the body;
- restores the immune system;
- promotes the production of antibodies and destroys the decay products of microbes;
- fights viruses and reduces pain;
- protects cells from antioxidants and makes the process of mucous membrane recovery faster;
- cleans the blood from accumulated toxic substances;
- increases the tone of the whole organism and gives it strength;
- restores water balance;
- accelerates metabolic processes.
With all the many benefits, ginger root can be harmful, but let's clarify that this is mainly due to the wrong dosage. So, if you consume more than the prescribed amount of ginger, this can lead to the following negative consequences:
- heartburn or diarrhea;
- burns of the intestinal mucosa and oral cavity;
- increased production of bile;
- irritation of the epidermis, which is accompanied by a rash and itching;
- sleep disturbance;
- with prolonged use of the root, the visual organs may weaken.
We talked in more detail about the norms of ginger consumption and the consequences of an overdose here.
Indications for the use of ginger for colds:
- coughing and sneezing (read about cough remedies with ginger here);
- low temperature;
- nasal congestion or runny nose;
- weakness of the whole body;
- minor pain in muscles and joints.
For some people, ginger-based drinks are contraindicated for a variety of reasons.:
- a stomach or duodenal ulcer;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- malfunctioning of the kidneys;
- sudden pressure surges;
- individual intolerance to the product;
- the last stages of pregnancy.
How to choose the right root?
The speed of the patient's recovery depends on the correct choice of this product, therefore when choosing a root, pay attention to the following points:
- the peel should not be thick, with any damage and spots;
- the color of the product ranges from light yellow to golden;
- the surface should be uniform, not have the eyes that are found in potatoes;
- a spicy aroma with notes of bitterness should be felt;
- choose a larger root with many branches.
The most effective recipes and treatments
Consider how to properly treat the root of this plant in case of a cold.
Before use, be sure to consult with your doctor about the indications, as well as the compatibility of the product with medications.
How to make ginger tea?
For cooking, you need the following ingredients:
- burning root 3-4 centimeters long;
- ground pepper;
- Grate the ginger on a fine grater and cook in a liter of water in a water bath for 10 minutes.
- Then add some black pepper there and squeeze the juice of the third part of the lemon.
- Add sugar to taste.
You need to drink this tea at least three times a day until complete recovery. For children from 5 years old, three times a day is the maximum.
You will find other recipes for medicines from ginger with lemon in a separate article.
It is necessary to take:
- a finger-sized ginger root;
- 40 ml lemon juice;
- a tablespoon of honey;
- 200 ml of boiling water.
- Pour boiling water over the grated root and leave to infuse for a few minutes.
- Mix honey and juice in a separate container.
- Pour strained ginger broth into the mixture.
- Mix everything thoroughly.
The amount of honey and lemon can be varied depending on your taste preferences.
Take tea in the morning and evening for both adults and children.
Read about what other mixtures and drinks for various ailments can be made from ginger with honey here.
- ginger root - 5-10 cm;
- water - 1 liter;
- black pepper, cinnamon and mint - a pinch;
- green tea leaves;
- half an orange and a grapefruit.
- Boil the grated ginger for 10 minutes.
- Then add spices to the broth, let it brew for a couple of minutes.
- After that, everything needs to be filtered.
- Add the juice of half an orange and grapefruit to the strained drink.
Can be sweetened with sugar or honey... Drink several times a day until complete recovery. Children - no more than twice a day.
With wine and prunes
- Put a liter of green tea on low heat.
- Pour in grated ginger, several prunes and 250 ml of dry red wine.
- Boil all components for 15 minutes.
- Cool the tea and dilute with boiled water in a 1: 1 ratio.
Such a drink is not recommended for those who suffer colds on their feet, and even more so while driving, as well as for children. If you are sick at home, two glasses of this drink a day can help relieve cold symptoms.
With cardamom and cloves
You will need:
- green and black tea;
- 2-3 pods of cardamom and cloves;
- a tablespoon of grated pungent root.
- Brew tea and strain in advance.
- Then put it on the fire again, bring to a boil, add herbs and ginger.
- Cook for a third of an hour.
- For flavor and aroma, you can add lemon or orange juice.
- Remove from heat, cool.
This tea should be drunk in a liter per day. Children are half the size. The course of treatment is until the moment of recovery.
With milk and honey
Prepare the drink as follows:
- Pour a teaspoon of ginger into a boiling glass of milk.
- Boil for a couple more minutes and remove from heat.
- Add honey to warm tea to taste.
You need to take such a remedy only once - in the morning or before bedtime. Children can also be treated with this tea.
This drink can be purchased ready-made... However, it is not sold in every store. Most often, Vietnamese tea can only be bought in online stores.
It is better to be treated with homemade products.
- Take 500 grams of root, peel and grate finely.
- Pour 1 liter of alcohol and place in a dark, warm place.
You can understand that the tincture is ready by its color. If it turns yellow, the product is ready to use. Drink the medicine twice a day - morning and evening - a tablespoon. Children can be given, but in a teaspoon.
How to prepare a bath infusion?
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of dry ground ginger with a liter of boiling water and let it brew.
- After that, pour the solution into the water in the bathroom.
The duration of the bath is no more than a third of an hour. Such a procedure is contraindicated for children, since it loads the cardiovascular system. An increased body temperature is also a contraindication to use.
Have to take:
- a bottle of red wine;
- a spoonful of grated ginger;
- half a lemon;
- sour apple;
- peppercorns (4 mountains);
- 10 grams of nutmeg.
- Pour all the ingredients into the wine, put on fire, heat well, but do not bring to a boil.
- After that, insist the drink for another half hour.
- Then cool and drain.
Take mulled wine once a day - in the evening - no more than 250 ml.
Broth with mint
- Pour a tablespoon of chopped root with a liter of water, add mint.
- Put on fire, after boiling, cook for another 20 minutes.
- Then let cool and add honey to taste.
This drink can be drunk in the amount of a liter per day for both adults and children.
The juice of this root can be mixed with lemon juice in a 1: 1 ratio... This means it is good to fight a cold.
This can be done in the morning and in the evening. Such medicine is not recommended for children, since they still have delicate mucous membranes of the nose.
- burns of mucous membranes;
- as well as allergic rashes and itching.
Recall that in most cases, all these negative reactions are associated only with non-compliance with the dosage of the product.
At the slightest sign of a cold, do not rush to start medication... Try traditional ginger-based recipes.