We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Verbena is unpretentious in care. A plant that is able to take root well with other plants and can grow both in the garden and in a pot.
It has long been believed that this plant has many different magical properties. However, in fact, it has many of the healing properties that people use to this day.
You will learn how to use verbena for medicinal purposes in this article. We will share with you popular and effective recipes using verbena.
The benefits lie in the substances that are stored in its chemical composition.
- vitamin C;
- silicic acid;
- essential oil.
Thanks to this composition, it is able to provide anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, antipyretic, antispasmodic and wound healing effects.
- Carotene dissolves inside the body, forming vitamin A. It is also responsible for the normal functioning of the immune system. Without it, not a single reduction and oxidation process will take place. The regulation of metabolism and protein synthesis depends on it. With its help, the formation of bones and teeth occurs, aging slows down.
- Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant that has antitoxic, wound healing and liver cells regenerating action. Ascorbic acid neutralizes harmful compounds that cause the formation of malignant tumors of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Silicic acid is responsible for removing toxins and restoring damaged areas of the mucous membrane. In part, she takes part in the wound healing and antiseptic actions of vervain.
- Tannin is a tannin that alters cell proteins and forms a film-like defense. Due to this, it has bactericidal and bacteriostatic properties. Tannin has an astringent effect. Sokogonic action, increasing appetite and normalizing digestion processes, has bitterness. It has a general strengthening property.
- Flavonoids neutralize free radicals and some toxic substances. They are also able to strengthen the capillaries and increase their elasticity. Prevent their defeat by sclerosis.
- Steroids are represented by sitosterol, which protects blood vessels from the formation of plaque and deposits. Thanks to him, the risk of enlargement of the prostate is reduced. Mucus has an anti-inflammatory, expectorant and enveloping effect.
- Glycosides are valuable for their sedative, diuretic, antimicrobial, expectorant, vasodilator and disinfectant properties.
- Thanks to the ether, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, bactericidal and stimulating effects occur.
Benefit and harm
- Verbena can help reduce fever during fever.
- It has the ability to increase the secretion of bile and sweat.
- May relieve muscle spasm.
- It is actively used during the treatment of various skin ailments. These include:
- It is also used in the treatment of dental diseases. By applying verbena, you will forget about gum disease and bad breath.
- Mental and neurological diseases are also treated with the active use of vervain.
These diseases are isolated:
- strong emotional experiences;
- stressful moments;
- nervous disorders;
- chronic fatigue;
An irreplaceable assistant in the issue of female diseases. Verbena is used when:
- violation of the menstrual cycle;
- disruption of the genitourinary system;
- manifestations of menopause;
- premenstrual syndrome;
- itching in the vagina.
Harm from vervain can only be if you do not follow medical recommendations. If there is an individual intolerance or an allergic reaction has begun, it is worth stopping such treatment. It is also unacceptable during pregnancy, since the plant leads to an increase in the tone of the uterus, which negatively affects the fetus.
A considerable percentage of medicinal properties are hidden in verbena.:
- It has blood-purifying, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and restorative properties.
- Improves liver function, the process of food digestion, increases appetite and restores body cells, enhances the secretion of gastric juice, normalizes metabolism.
- Preparations containing verbena lower the temperature, increase the secretion of sweat and bile, eliminate muscle spasms, lower blood pressure, and have a hypotensive effect.
- Verbena is used to treat thrombosis, thrombophlebitis, rheumatism and gout.
- The plant has a very effective effect when cleaning blood vessels.
- She will help with indigestion, indigestion, and solve the problem of lack of appetite.
All these diseases will recede if verbena is used in treatment.:
Use for oily hair... It will prevent hair loss and protect your skin from dandruff. To do this, 3-4 drops of verbena oil are added to 5-6 ml of shampoo and the hair is washed with this substance.
Hair rinses with verbena are also made. To do this, add up to five drops of oil to a liter of boiled warm water and rinse the strands with this solution.
- 20 g of verbena flowers.
- A glass of boiling water.
Pour boiling water over the crushed flowers of the plant and leave to cool... Drink at a time. This drink contributes to:
- improving blood circulation;
- elimination of headaches and fever;
- restoration of the menstrual cycle;
- lowering the temperature.
We offer you to watch an informational video about verbena tea:
Often verbena ether is used for menstrual irregularities, as well as during climacteric disorders.
- It has a positive effect on hormones and is a powerful aphrodisiac.
- The antispasmodic property of the ether is clearly expressed.
- Helps to regenerate tissue after bruises and wounds.
- Tones up after physical exertion.
- It is also quite often used in cosmetology.
Essential oil is not used in its pure form, but is used as an additive in ready-made products or for carrying out aromatic procedures.
- For massage add 5-6 drops of verbena oil to 10 g of fat cream.
- For the treatment of sore throat, gargle with a solution of 200 ml of water, 1 tsp. salt and 1 drop of oil.
- For a cold in 15 ml of St. John's wort oil, add 1 drop of verbena oil and drip no more than 4 times a day, 2-3 drops into each nostril.
- To create an anti-aging remedy for "crow's feet" in the corners of the eyes, take 100 ml of any ether (olive, almond, apricot) and add three drops of verbena, rosemary and geranium to it. This product is applied to the face and is not washed off.
We offer you to watch an informational video about verbena essential oil:
- 50 grams of dried verbena herb.
- 700 ml of vodka.
- Pour the raw material with vodka.
- Insist for three weeks in a cool dark place.
- They are filtering.
- 1 tsp tinctures are diluted in a small amount of water and used three times a day before meals.
After applying the tincture:
- gastric juice will begin to be secreted in an increased volume;
- liver function is normalized;
- inflammation will subside;
- the tone of the nervous system will increase.
Infusion for rinsing from inflammation
- Pour a tablespoon of dried herbs with 300 ml of boiling water.
- Insist for two hours.
- Gargle your mouth and throat to relieve inflammation.
If necessary, you can mix with dry chamomile flowers and brew in the same way.
Collection and storage
- All parts of the plant are suitable for collection.
- Collect during the flowering period, which falls in the month of August. It was during this period that it contains a maximum of essential oils that contain citral.
- It is necessary to dry the verbena under the influence of a temperature of + 50 ... + 60 degrees in a dryer, under a canopy. A well ventilated area is also suitable.
- The resulting raw materials are stored in a dry place (for example, in a box covered with paper).
- Do not use during pregnancy.
- Do not use on children under 14 years of age.
- Do not use for hypertension.
- Contraindicated in low stomach acidity.
- It is unacceptable for cholelithiasis.
So you learned about what benefits, besides beauty, verbena can bring. Before using the plant for medicinal purposes, do not forget to consult your doctor. And also strictly follow the rules of application, observe the proportions with the recipe, so as not to harm your health. Be healthy!
In addition to using verbena for medicinal purposes, gardeners love this flower for its elegant inflorescences. And in the care of the verbena is unpretentious, blooms for a long time, planting and growing it is not difficult at all. Read about the peculiarities of cultivation of other species, including ampelous, medicinal, hybrid and finely dissected, on our website.
Further informational video about the medicinal properties of verbena: