We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Fragrant, spicy, everyone's favorite leafy parsley is in the kitchen of every housewife. Leaf parsley is used in cooking, medicine and cosmetology.
Leaf parsley is rich in vitamins B, PP and C, provitamins A and K, and contains a lot of potassium. Unlike root parsley, leaf parsley is less demanding on agricultural technology and planting site.
Further in the article, we will give step-by-step instructions for planting parsley, and also tell you how to care for these fragrant herbs in your garden. For clarity, we provide a video for viewing.
Features of the planting of this species and the main differences from the ordinary root
- direct sowing into the ground immediately after the snow melts, as the soil warms up slightly;
- sowing seedlings in seedling boxes in mid-March.
- planting in mid-April on a high warm ridge after wintering tubers from the storage (cellar) to obtain leaf mass;
- sowing seeds for seedlings in boxes in mid-March.
Choosing a variety
Leaf parsley varieties are divided into 2 groups:
Parsley is divided into 3 groups:
- Early maturing varieties: "Beads", "Gloria", "Russian Feast". They are distinguished by fast growth, foliage delicate in taste. Greenery yield 1.5 - 2.0 kg / m2... It takes 55-60 days from germination to harvest, that is, in a month and a half, early-maturing varieties are ready for harvest.
- Mid-season varieties: "Sandwich", "Breeze", "Magician", "Universal" have more rigid long petioles of leaves. This means that such varieties are suitable not only for manual, but also for mechanized harvesting. High yield - 2.4 - 2.8 kg / m2... Harvesting can be done 80-95 days after sowing.
- Late varieties: "Bogatyr", "Rialto". These varieties are harvested at the end of summer. The period from sowing to harvesting the main crop is 185-200 days.
The most popular variety among gardeners is deservedly recognized the variety "Bogatyr"... This variety is the most shade-tolerant. High yield -3 kg / m2.Leaves grow back quickly after cutting, and greens can be harvested throughout the growing season.
The leaves are very fragrant, do not coarse during growth, they are used fresh and dried, for conservation and freezing.
It is appreciated for the decorative and high aromaticity of the leaves. Unpretentious, resistant to diseases and pests.
- Early maturing varieties: "Astra", "Mooskrause 2". The period from full germination to harvest is 55-60 days. Can be grown in open and protected ground. Very high yield of greenery - up to 5 kg / m2.
- Mid-season: "Kucheryavets", "Slavyanskaya". The period from germination to harvest is 80 days.
Podzimny sowing at the end of October, before the start of frost and snow... Here you need to ensure that the plants do not freeze. Summer sowing in June-July of parsley is suitable for its implementation in the next season. Here, parsley will often have to be protected from the bright sun with shields.
Attention! The most optimal sowing time is early spring: in April, when the threat of severe frosts subsides.
With spring sowing, greens can be harvested throughout the growing season. Leaf parsley prefers sunny locations with breathable, fertile soils. The only variety that perfectly tolerates shading is "Bogatyr".
The best precursors for parsley are potatoes, cabbage, beets, onions, tomatoes, and cucumbers.
Step by step instructions: how to plant?
In the open field
- Soil preparation begin in the fall, after the harvest of the predecessor crop. Dig up the soil on the bayonet of the shovel with the introduction of manure or humus and temporarily cover it with a film. In early April, the film is removed. Once again, they dig up the area with the introduction of nitroammophoska. Application rate -25 - 30 g / m2.
It is useful to add wood ash, which is rich in minerals and trace elements. Application rate -120-150 g / m2.
Planting parsley in the open field can be done by seeds or seedlings.
- Seed preparation... Parsley seeds are rich in essential oils and must be soaked for good germination. 2-3 days before sowing, the seeds are soaked for a day in any of the nutrient solutions of the preparations: "Epin", "Potassium humate".
The concentration of the solution is 0.1%. Hydrogen peroxide solution is an excellent stimulator of friendly and fast germination. Take 0.3% solution of the drug. Processing is carried out within 15-20 minutes. Before sowing, the seeds are dried to a loose state.
- Landing technology... In the furrows prepared on the bed, seeds are sown in the month of April. The sowing depth depends on the type of soil. On heavy loams, it is 2 cm, on sandy loam and soddy-podzolic - 2.5-3 cm, and 3-3.5 on peat bogs.
The distance between plants should be 10-15 cm, row spacing -15-20 cm.Seeds are sown in rows of nests, 3-4 pieces each, with a distance of 8 cm between each other (taking into account the growth of future leaf rosettes) and covered with soil mixture with superphosphate ( 10 g superphosphate per bucket of earth). Watered with water, and cover the bed with a film until shoots appear.
With the seedling method, the prepared seeds are sown in seedling boxes at the end of February (greenhouse) - mid-March (apartment conditions). The seeding pattern is the same as for direct seeding into the ground. When 2 pairs of true leaves appear, the plants dive into cassettes. In late April and early May, seedlings are planted in open ground in a permanent place.
With the seedling method of cultivation, the crop can be harvested 2-3 weeks earlier.
Read about where it is better to plant parsley, and this article tells about plants compatible with it.
We offer you to watch a visual video of planting leaf parsley:
In the greenhouse
It can be produced both by sowing seeds in the soil of the greenhouse, and by forcing. Before sowing, the seeds are kept for 5 days in gauze until they sprout. After planting, seedlings will appear on the 7th day..
Leaf parsley is planted in a heated greenhouse in the last decade of January. If the greenhouse is unheated, then sowing is carried out in March, using biofuel (incorporating straw and manure into the soil).
The optimum temperature for good plant development is 10-12 degrees... This temperature should be maintained when forcing parsley in winter and spring.
The method is laborious, but the yield is also higher. For planting, use the roots of parsley with cut tops 6-7 cm long and 1-1.5 cm thick. Cutting the tops, do not damage the growing point!
The finished roots are placed in boxes of wet sand. and stored at 2 degrees. In December and early January, the roots are planted at a slight slope into grooves 10-15 cm deep. The row spacing is 15-20 cm. Sprinkle with fertile soil to the root collar of the plant and watered abundantly with water.
Growing at home:
- soak the seeds in 2 days;
- prepare boxes, fill them with fertile soil;
- spill the soil with hot water for disinfection from pests and diseases;
- make grooves 0.5-1 cm deep and sow seeds, then sprinkle lightly with earth;
- pour and put on a bright window.
At home, parsley can be grown from root vegetables, like in a greenhouse... In November, we dig up the roots, cut off the leaves and store them on an insulated balcony in the sand until December. After, landing in boxes is made.
Under the film
Under the frame film shelters, the seed method of planting gives a good result. Under the film, sowing begins from the beginning of April with soaked seeds, choosing early maturing varieties. Winter sowing with dry seeds at the end of October is also widespread.
The soil preparation technology and the seed sowing scheme are similar to planting in the open field. - the distance between plants is 10-15 cm, row spacing is 15-20 cm. This type of planting is good for implementation, seedlings are friendly, the crop can be harvested in 2 weeks.
How to care?
Care after planting for a young plant at first consists in weeding, loosening row spacings, watering, thinning. Thinning is carried out at the stage of 2-3 true leaves. Top dressing is carried out 3 weeks after planting with a solution of 0.5 kg of mullein, 15 g of superphosphate and 15 g of potassium sulfate. The calculation is for 10 liters. water.
The main difficulties
Parsley culture is easy even for a beginner... The only problem with growing can be slow seed germination and poor germination. And the reasons are very different - they sowed dry seeds, the shelf life has expired, heavy soil. Greens are on the beds of every gardener and parsley is one of his favorite crops. With simple care and minimal costs, this plant will always delight you with its rich harvest and excellent taste.
We offer you to watch an informative video about parsley: