We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The key to healthy growth of any plant is proper care. Gardenia is no exception. She also needs special care.
A beautiful flower needs not only watering, feeding and so on. Much also depends on the soil in which the gardenia grows.
From the article you will learn about what kind of soil a gardenia needs for normal growth, and which one is absolutely not suitable for the plant.
The importance of the right land
Gardenia is very moody in the choice of soil. Even if you carefully and properly care for it, this does not compensate for the wrong composition of the soil in which it grows. The full development of a flower depends on a well-developed root system.
Important. Gardenia loves acidic soil, in which in no case should there be lime. The soil in which it grows should be as close as possible to its natural habitat.
The flower reacts very harshly to the wrong ground. It will grow poorly and may not bloom indefinitely. If, nevertheless, the flower begins to bloom, then the flowers will be small and inconspicuous. The plant will quickly shed flower stalks, and the leaves will turn yellow and blacken. In a separate article, we will tell you about the gardenia bloom, as well as what to do if the flower does not bud.
Wrong soil - what is it?
- Gardenia prefers acidic soil with a pH of 4.5-5.5, below it will not work for the plant.
- Heavy, clogged and dense soil is also not a good option for a plant.
- If the soil does not hold the soil well, then it should be discarded.
It is important to remember that even if you have chosen the right soil for your gardenia, acidic substances will be washed out of it over time. This means that the soil must be acidified periodically on its own... For this, a slightly acidic solution is prepared from:
- 1 liter of water;
- a couple of drops of citric acid;
- 0.5 g / l of ferrous sulfate.
The flower is watered with this solution two or three times a month.
Choose acidic, light, loose and most importantly fertile soilwhich is able to retain moisture.
Such a primer can be purchased at a specialized store. Mixes for planting azaleas, rhododendrons or a universal soil mixture for flowering plants are quite suitable.
For your information. Any purchased soil must be brought to the required level of looseness and moisture capacity. For this, various additives are used. Moreover, the proportion of such additives should not exceed 30%.
The following are used as additives to the soil:
- sphagnum moss 10%;
- sand 10%;
- ripper 10%.
When sand is added, it must be further processed so as not to introduce pathogens or chemicals into the soil. It is best to use coarse white sand. If you use yellow sand, then it needs to be added in larger quantities due to the fact that it is much finer.
- Rinse under proton water, stirring occasionally, to remove limescale.
- Cover with water and boil.
- Boil for 20 minutes.
- Rinse three times with water.
- Bake in the oven until completely dry.
How to do it yourself?
For self-preparation of the soil you will need:
- turf, coniferous and deciduous land;
- sphagnum moss;
Expanded clay should be used as drainage. Pre-claydite, like sand, is treated to remove harmful substances.
Exclude only roasting in the oven, and increase the boiling point to half an hour.
For your information. The amount of drainage should not be less than a quarter of the pot.
Options on sale with specific prices
- "Vermion" soil for gardenias 2.5 l, 33.80 rubles.
- "Garden of Miracles" nutritious soil for azaleas, 2.5 l, 53 rubles.
- "Ambulance" ready-made soil for azaleas, 2.5 liters, 25 rubles.
- "Eco Garden" soil for gardenia, 1 l, 38 rubles.
- "Compound" Albin "soil for gardenias 2.5 l, 22.19 rubles.
- Universal soil for flowering "People's soil", 10 l, 130 rubles.
What kind of pot do you need?
An important point is the choice of a container for a plant. When choosing a gardenia pot, it is important to know:
- The pot should be small in diameter.
- Each subsequent pot should be 2-3 cm larger than the previous one.
- Ceramic or plastic containers are best.
- The planting pot must have drainage holes.
- The container should be shallow to avoid stagnant water.
How to water and feed?
Watering is carried out in this way:
- In the summer, water 1-2 times a week and monitor the condition of the soil.
- Water when the top layer is dry. Avoid completely drying out.
- In winter, water every 7-10 days.
- During flowering, water abundantly and monitor the condition of the plant.
- Water for irrigation should be soft, filtered, without salt and impurities.
- The water temperature is + 33-40 degrees.
As for fertilization, it must be applied without interruption from March to August. In the autumn-winter period, fertilizers are optional. When feeding, follow these rules:
- Feed twice a month.
- The fertilizer concentration should be twice as low as in the instructions.
- Before applying mineral fertilizers, the soil must be moistened.
- Complex fertilizers for flowering plants are used for nutrition.
- If there are problems with the leaves (yellowing, pallor, etc.), feed with ferrous sulfate.
- Do not use calcium fertilizers.
- Do not feed a newly purchased flower for 2 months.
- Do not fertilize the soil for 1-2 months after transplanting.
To increase the acidity of the soil
In one liter of water, dilute two drops of citric acid, add 0.5 g / l of ferrous sulfate, water 1-2 times a month.
For sustainable development and disease prevention
They use the drug Aktiferrin, which is sold in pharmacies. Dilute half a teaspoon of the substance in half a glass of water. Water the plant 2 times a month.
Nettle for growth
Chop the collected nettle and put it in a plastic container, filling 1/3 of its volume.
- To fill with water.
- Cover the container with a cloth.
- Leave to ferment for 2 weeks.
- Then strain.
- Dilute with water in a ratio of 1:10.
- Water the plant no more than once a month.
Such fertilizers promote active root growth. They are also a source of additional nutrients that may not be present in the soil. Cooking method:
- 100g of yeast is diluted in warm water.
- Pour warm, settled water into a three-liter jar, pour diluted yeast into it.
- Add 5 tbsp. tablespoons of sugar, mix, put in a warm place.
- Next, the solution is diluted: 1 glass of yeast liquid is used per bucket.
Gardenia is watered with this solution once a month.
With mullein for good development
- Liquid cow manure is poured with water in a deep container (barrel or vat) in a ratio of 1: 5.
- Insist for two weeks.
- To speed up flowering, you can spray the plant.
- To do this, prepare an infusion of mullein with water in proportions of 1:20.
- Next, the plant is sprayed with this solution.
This fertilizer can protect the gardenia from pests and diseases.
Funds on sale
"Bio technology" organic
It is a complex of micronutrients for the plant. Able to saturate the poorest soil. Provides active plant growth. increases the flowering cycle. Strengthens the immunity of the flower. Does not contain pesticides, radionuclides, GMOs.
Volume: 75 ml.
Price: 198 rubles.
Agricola Aqua for flowering plants
Increases the number of colors. They become larger, new bud ovaries form very quickly. Fights yellow leaves, which may appear due to a lack of one or more nutrients.
Volume: 250 ml.
Cost: 98 rubles.
"Flower happiness" complex
Will increase resistance to adverse environmental factors, stimulates the formation of flowers, provides long-lasting and abundant flowering. Also, the drug stimulates root growth. It is used for root and foliar feeding.
Volume: 250 ml.
Price: 100 rubles.
Before growing your gardenia, remember that beautiful appearance, flowering and plant health depends on proper care... The soil in which the flower grows also plays an important role. Follow the rules of care and selection of soil for gardenia and then you will not have any problems with it.