We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Throughout spring and summer, fragrant parsley is always present on our table. Caring housewives add it to various dishes to emphasize their taste, decorate the festive table. And the most thrifty prepare for the winter, so that on cold days it will delight the whole family with its freshness. In this article, we will talk about other properties of this plant - medicinal. A decoction made from this herb is a concentrated source of all the beneficial trace elements and vitamins of parsley.
Difference from tincture
In the treatment of diseases by methods of traditional medicine, decoctions and tinctures of medicinal herbs are often used. The main task of their preparation is to extract useful components from plants. However, there is a slight difference between decoctions and infusions.
Most often, water is used to prepare these dosage forms, the difference is in its temperature. Tinctures are prepared using cold or warm water, but when preparing decoctions, parts of the plant with water must be boiled.
The broth allows you to extract the maximum amount of all nutrient components, since during its preparation you can extract all the substances from those parts of the plant that are difficult to "part" with them.
The difference is not only in the preparation method, but also in the action of the medicinal product. Decoctions are usually absorbed more slowly, but at the same time have a longer lasting effect. Tinctures are better absorbed by the body, but their effect is not so long.
Composition and useful properties
Parsley broth is incredibly useful in the treatment of various pathologies, for the purpose of prevention due to its unique composition, which includes:
- Vitamins from group A, B, C, E, K, N.
- Various macronutrients, including potassium, calcium, which have a positive effect on the work of the cardiovascular system.
- Trace elements:
- fats and proteins.
Caloric content per 100 g is only 49 Kcal.
- Taking decoctions from this plant, you can:
- whiten teeth;
- strengthen the liver and kidneys;
- normalize the digestive tract.
- This tool has:
- diuretic effect.
- The broth has a beneficial effect on:
- thyroid gland;
- adrenal glands;
- blood vessels.
- But they are also successfully used in cosmetology:
- to get rid of acne;
- smoothing and whitening of the skin;
- elimination of edema (the recipes for decoctions for edema are described here).
What are the benefits based on age and gender?
Parsley has many beneficial qualities for people of different ages and sexes.
This plant helps:
- prevent the appearance of prostate adenoma;
- improve potency, with male infertility;
- with alcohol or nicotine poisoning;
- cleanse the digestive tract from toxins;
- strengthen the heart muscle, which will minimize the risk of strokes and heart attacks.
It is recommended to consume parsley every day in various forms (fresh, in the form of decoctions or infusions) for preventive purposes to maintain health.
This culture is useful because:
- helps relieve pain during menstruation;
- whitens the skin, helps to remove freckles, due to which it is a frequent ingredient in various masks;
- eliminates dandruff, solves the problem of hair loss;
- helps to get rid of cellulite.
The benefits of parsley also apply to the child's body. It is as follows:
- helps to improve bowel function;
- strengthens the central nervous system;
- improves vision, increases the level of hemoglobin;
- helps with abrasions, wounds;
- protects against viral or infectious diseases, increasing immunity.
But before using any decoctions or tinctures, you should consult your pediatrician to avoid side effects.
- It is worth abandoning the use of decoctions, especially for ingestion, during any inflammatory processes in the body.
- Should not be taken for kidney stones. Individual plant intolerance is also a serious contraindication.
- Parsley in any form should be taken with caution and for those who:
- suffers from low blood pressure;
- people with kidney and urinary tract diseases.
Since the intake of decoctions and tinctures from this plant increases the load on the organs.
- Do not consume in case of gout, hypersensitivity of the skin, which can cause photodermatosis.
Despite the benefits, this plant can cause the following harm to the body if abused:
- bleeding and miscarriage when taken by pregnant women, since parsley activates uterine contractions;
- the appearance of headaches;
- bloody stools;
- the appearance of severe seizures;
- drastic weight loss.
To avoid health problems, it is advisable to consult with a specialist about the methods and dosages of taking the decoction.
You will find even more information about the benefits and dangers of parsley here.
Not only decoctions of parsley are used for medicinal purposes. On our website you can find out how and for what infusions and juice of this plant are used, as well as how much parsley can be eaten per day.
How to brew and drink for medicinal and cosmetic purposes?
Consider how to prepare and take parsley decoction on various occasions.
- 3 rhizomes of parsley;
- 0.4 l. water.
- We wash the parsley, remove the skin, cut into small pieces.
- Pour the mass with boiling water, put on fire and boil over the fire for 15 minutes.
- Leave the broth to infuse for 10 hours, then filter.
For medicinal purposes, you need to take 200 ml of the product for 3-4 days.
As a diuretic
For cooking you need:
- 100 g parsley;
- 300 ml of water.
- We fill the raw material with clean water heated to +80 degrees, send it to a water bath and heat it up for 20 minutes.
- After that, we leave the broth to cool, filter through cheesecloth and send it to the refrigerator for storage.
You need to use the healing property three times a day for two days, with the last intake at least three hours before bedtime.
When treating with parsley decoctions, you should additionally include dried fruits, raisins, nuts in the dietas excess urine flushes out the minerals the body needs. The use of the above listed ingredients will restore their deficiency.
For kidney disease
To prepare the most effective decoction, take:
- 2 bunches of parsley;
- 400 ml of pasteurized milk.
Pour raw milk, boil for half an hour.
Take such a decoction for 2 tablespoons. throughout the day - are treated for at least three days.
For lowering cholesterol levels
In this case, the most effective option is to use a decoction of parsley and lemon. To prepare it, you need the following ingredients:
- 1.5 liters of water;
- 3 bunches of grass;
- 1 kg of lemons;
- a pinch of baking soda.
- Boil water, when the liquid cools down, put lemons, finely chopped parsley in it, leave on low heat for a couple of minutes.
- When the broth has cooled, it must be poured into a glass container and put into the refrigerator.
Drink 100 ml of broth every day until the cholesterol level begins to decrease.
To achieve success faster, it is not enough to take only one decoction. We must not forget about proper nutrition, sports.
- 1 parsley root;
- 250 ml of water.
Pour the raw material with liquid, boil for 5-7 minutes, then remove from heat and leave for about 3-4 hours. Take a decoction for a month, 100-150 ml per day.
To normalize pressure
To prepare a decoction to lower blood pressure, you need to take:
- 700 g of grass;
- 300 ml of milk.
- Put the peeled parsley in a saucepan, pour milk over it.
- Boil over low heat until the amount of milk is reduced by half.
- The prepared mixture must be filtered.
Take 1 tbsp. every hour during the day.
To reduce a slight increase in pressure, you need to boil 20-30 g of grass in 200 ml of water, taking a decoction throughout the day.
Parsley can also be taken for weight loss, the recipe contains ingredients such as:
- 1 bunch of greens;
- 300 ml of water.
- We wash the parsley, dry it on a paper towel.
- Finely chop, fill with boiling water and boil for 5 minutes, then cool and filter.
- If the drink turns out to be too concentrated, it can be diluted with water in a 1: 1 ratio.
We take a glass on an empty stomach, and it is recommended to drink the broth in the morning on an empty stomach or just before bedtime. Duration - a maximum of two weeks, after which you need to take a break for at least a month.
Try not to make too large a volume of the drink, as the healing properties of the broth disappear over time.
For facial skin
- 100 g of plant roots and leaves;
- 400 ml boiling water.
- Rinse the ingredients, dry, chop, take 2 tbsp. raw materials and fill with water, put in a water bath for 15 minutes.
- After that, the broth is left for an hour, so that it is infused, filtered.
- The resulting liquid is used as a lotion in the morning and evening.
- 1 tbsp parsley leaves;
- 1 tbsp plant rhizomes;
- 400 ml of water;
- 50 g fat-free cottage cheese.
First, prepare the broth:
- we wash the raw materials, cut them, fill them with boiling water;
- we send to a water bath for 20 minutes;
- filter after an hour;
- add cottage cheese, mix.
The mixture is applied to the face and washed off after half an hour. You can use it 1-3 times a week.
A decoction of parsley and cilantro will become an indispensable remedy for whitening freckles and even small age spots. To prepare it, you need to take
- 2 tbsp parsley;
- 2 tbsp cilantro;
- 400 ml boiling water.
- We mix all the ingredients.
- Fill with boiling water, put in a water bath for half an hour.
- After 2 hours, filter.
Apply every morning as a lotion until the effect is achieved.
Parsley broth has excellent properties and is successfully used both in medicine and in cosmetology. The main thing is to observe the dosage, not to exceed the duration of admission. And to make sure that there are no contraindications, you should consult with your doctor in advance.
Read more about using parsley for your face here.
Video about medicinal properties, as well as contraindications for taking parsley decoction: