We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cabbage is a fairly popular vegetable. In addition to the fact that it contains a lot of vitamins and minerals, it is also easy to cook. It is used in almost all cuisines in the world. It is believed that if there are any problems with the gastrointestinal tract, then you should avoid eating cabbage.
Is it true or not? Will such food harm or benefit the body? Which cabbage from the whole variety of species and varieties to choose for gastritis, in what way to cook, so as not to harm the body and not aggravate the disease? You will find the answers in the article. And also recipes for people with high and low acidity of the stomach.
Can this vegetable be eaten?
Cabbage can be included in the diet for a disease such as gastritis. But it is worth observing certain precautions so as not to harm. The principles that should be followed when drawing up the menu:
- With hyperacid gastritis - remove from the menu that type of cabbage that stimulates the release of hydrochloric acid and provokes stomach inflammation.
Important! With hyperacid gastritis, daily intake of cabbage is undesirable.
- With anacid (hypoacid) gastritis - include in the menu cabbage of those varieties and processing methods that will enhance digestion.
- For gastritis with high acidity:
- It is forbidden to use fresh cabbage and Brussels sprouts. It is allowed to make juice from them, because of its wonderful property to neutralize the harm caused by gastritis with high acidity.
- Chinese cabbage contains citric acid, fiber, which can irritate the stomach, so its intake is highly undesirable.
- With great care, cauliflower and seaweed are introduced into the menu. Colored can be used only after heat treatment.
- For gastritis with low acidity:
- White cabbage is a very good dietary item, but should only be used after being cooked. Juice from it is very useful.
- Seaweed has a healing effect by increasing stomach acid levels. But with exacerbations, it is recommended either to limit it in the menu, or to abstain altogether.
- Cauliflower contains fiber, like white cabbage, but much less. Stewed, boiled or steamed is used.
- Brussels sprouts and Chinese cabbage are also on the menu.
Cabbage juice is very useful and irreplaceable for any type of gastritis:
- treats inflammation;
- acts as a sorbent;
- it is characterized by astringent properties;
- relieves pain, heartburn and nausea;
- heals wounds;
- good for disease prevention.
For details on which diseases it is worth refraining from using Peking and white cabbage, and for which, on the contrary, its use is recommended, read this article.
What can negatively affect stomach health?
Note! With gastritis of any type, you cannot simply chop raw white cabbage and eat it at lunch. This vegetable is almost entirely composed of coarse fiber, and is not suitable for those who suffer from this ailment.
In cabbage, if you carry out a chemical analysis, you can find substances that activate the production of gastric juice by the glands located in the gastric mucosa. Once in the stomach with an inflamed mucous membrane, the vegetable will cause even more irritation of the epithelium. Raw, it will not be able to digest qualitatively and will only increase the pain. A chronically inflamed stomach cannot do this.
Does the cooking method matter?
In case of gastric disease, cabbage is best consumed using one of the processing methods: stewing, boiling, steaming, baking in the oven. It is highly undesirable to take fried cabbage for gastritis.
Let's list the basic rules for eating cabbage according to the "do no harm" principle:
- Do not take on an empty stomach.
- Eliminate raw white cabbage. It is categorically contraindicated.
- Thoroughly chop the vegetable with a grater or blender.
- With hyperacid gastritis, use it rarely.
- In case of exacerbations, take cabbage juice according to dietary recipes. It will help relieve inflammation.
With hyperacid gastritis, sauerkraut is allowed only in remission, and then, very carefully. With anacid gastritis, a vegetable in a fermented state:
- good as a preventive measure;
- strengthens and improves immunity, as it is rich in vitamin C;
- eliminates inflammation of the epithelium of the stomach;
- normalizes intestinal microflora;
- improves appetite;
- promotes the release of digestive juices.
The peculiarity of taking stewed cabbage:
- If you do not want the gastric juice to be excreted in excess, do not overuse the stew. This is dangerous.
- But, when the exacerbation passes, a plate of steamed cabbage will be even very useful, it will help prevent re-disease.
- With reduced secretion of the gland, this stewed cabbage dish is a healing remedy.
The beneficial effects of stewed cabbage stem from its properties:
- Contains useful vitamins PP and B2, which improve the condition of mucous membranes and dilate blood vessels.
- Heals inflammation and relieves pain.
- Accelerates tissue regeneration.
- Improves the functioning of the entire digestive system.
- Does not allow you to get hungry even with a strict diet, while it does not create problems with digestion.
Consequences of use in various forms of the disease
Let's take a closer look at what happens when you eat raw white cabbage:
- The release of a large amount of gastric juice.
- Connecting more and more new areas of the epithelium to the inflammatory process.
- Enhanced fermentation.
- Slow and poor quality digestion. And as a result: nausea, heartburn, belching, discomfort, malaise.
But what awaits the patient when eating the following types of cabbage:
Marine. It will cause a jump in the acid level indicator, and even swell in the abdomen, as a result, it will only cause painful irritation and inflamed mucosa.
- Brussels. It will also provoke the release of gastric juice, and this will inevitably lead to inflammation.
- Beijing. Will have an irritating effect on the mucous membranes of the internal organs.
It is also undesirable to take white cabbage with this disease. Otherwise, problems cannot be avoided. The patient may experience exacerbation symptoms: vomiting, stool disturbance, acute attacks, up to hemorrhage.
Varieties of cabbage and the body's reaction to them:
- Colored. Thanks to the substance methylmethionine, which is contained in it, it heals well wounds on the epithelium, normalizes the microflora, and regenerates damage.
Marine. Increases acidity, which is beneficial for anacid gastritis.
- Beijing. Improves and restores the general condition of the body. Cleans from toxins, relieves constipation, ultimately heals gastritis.
Important! For all the proven benefits of cabbage juice, it should not be taken by constipated individuals. Since it increases gas production, and as a result - bloating.
Recipes for different levels of acidity
For all types of gastritis, cabbage juice is safe.
- White cabbage juice: Squeeze the crushed leaves by hand or using a juicer. Drink 100-125 ml, three times a day, half an hour before meals. Consume for a month and a half. The squeezed juice is stored in the cold for no more than two days.
Cauliflower juice: We divide the head into inflorescences and squeeze out the juice in any way convenient for you. We drink 125 ml for a month half an hour before meals.
- Divide the head into small inflorescences.
- Boil in boiling water for no more than five minutes.
- Strain using a colander.
Peking cabbage stew: simmer leaf plates for no more than 8 minutes, stems for at least half an hour. For treatment, you can use 150 g per day, but not more than three times a week.
We advise you to read our other materials about whether it is possible to eat cabbage and how to prepare it for people suffering from pancreatitis, cholecystitis and diabetes mellitus.
So, is it possible or not to eat cabbage for gastritis? Having studied the rules for including various types of this product in the diet and methods for preparing it for gastritis, you can easily avoid the danger - an exacerbation of the disease. Follow the recommendations, eat to your health and live without pain!