We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
One of the most popular types of cabbage in the world is the Savoy cabbage. It is also called the "Queen of Vegetables" for its unique properties in the gastronomic and medical field (prevention of ailments and an obligatory component of diets).
Savoy cabbage was brought to Russia in the 19th century. In our country, the vegetable has not gained high popularity due to its unsuitability for pickling, although you can pickle cabbage.
Today you will find out what useful vitamins and microelements it has, as well as when you shouldn't eat a vegetable.
The product is unique in its composition. There are no hard veins in the leaves of the vegetable - there is relatively less fiber in the variety. The composition includes:
- fats - 0.1 grams;
- proteins - 1.2 grams;
- carbohydrates - 6 grams.
Reference! What is the calorie content of savoy cabbage per 100 grams? Vegetable leaves are very nutritious, but they are low in calories. For 100 grams, about 28 kcal.
Trace elements and vitamins
Savoy cabbage is high in vitamin C (there is even more of it than oranges). It effectively protects the body from free radicals, stops premature aging.
Vitamins and trace elements in the composition:
- A and C.
- B1 (thiamine).
- B2 (riboflavin).
- B6 (pyridoxine).
- B9 (folate).
- Pantothenic Acid.
- Beta carotene.
A sufficient iodine content supports the normal functioning of the endocrine system, has a beneficial effect on the state of the nervous system. Sulfur strengthens and nourishes the body's internal reserves, which reduces the risk of infections and promotes rapid wound healing.
This variety also contains minerals:
- calcium and others.
Indications and contraindications
Due to the balanced composition, abundance of vitamins and minerals, their easy absorption, Savoy cabbage is especially effective for enhancing immunity and preventing vitamin deficiency.
When will the product be useful:
- Some pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract. Cabbage helps to improve bowel function, prevents intestinal disorders. Improves metabolic processes and appetite. It removes "bad" cholesterol and promotes its regulation in the body.
- Tumors. Natural antioxidants contained in this variety are able to suppress the development of various types of tumors. They also contribute to the regeneration of cells and tissues, which helps to prolong youth.
- Liver. Savoy cabbage cleanses the organ and protects it from intoxication.
- Prevention. Eating a vegetable helps to normalize blood pressure and prevent the development of cardiovascular pathologies. The blood sugar level is normalized, the condition of the blood vessels improves.
- Cabbage is indispensable for reducing eye pressure and normalizing the functioning of the optic nerve.
- With regular consumption of Savoy cabbage, you can effectively lose weight.
- Savoy cabbage juice is successfully used as an antiviral and anti-inflammatory agent.
- A solution of cabbage juice with water (1: 1) is used to rinse the mouth with angina, periodontal disease and stomatitis.
Important! The vegetable has a very good effect on brain activity. At the same time, the work of the nervous system is stabilized, memory, concentration of attention and visual perception are improved. Cabbage should be used to prevent Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease.
When you can't eat a vegetable?
For some diagnoses and conditions, savoy cabbage is prohibited.
- It is dangerous to use this product in case of disorders in the work of the pancreas (pancreatitis) and thyroid glands.
- Cabbage is not recommended after surgery on the sternum or in the abdominal cavity.
- Also, you should not use cabbage for gastritis with high acidity.
Excessive consumption of vegetables can lead to excess gas formation, which will disrupt the digestive tract and can harm people with heart disease. In order not to overload the liver, cabbage should not be consumed with milk and beans.
Benefit and harm
This product is actively used in cooking - it is prepared in various ways, it is included in many dishes. But the abundance of useful trace elements in the composition makes the vegetable indispensable for the prevention and treatment of ailments.
Harm from savoy cabbage is possible only if contraindications are neglected. The product is prohibited for some problems of the gastrointestinal tract, after surgery on the abdominal cavity, with individual intolerance. Consider how savoy cabbage is useful for different groups of people.
The vitamins and trace elements contained in the vegetable are easily absorbed by the child's body. The product is allowed to be given to children during seasonal epidemics and in the cold season to strengthen immunity and prevent vitamin deficiency. For children under 1 year old, it is recommended to give boiled cabbage and in small doses to avoid colic and indigestion. The vegetable is extremely contraindicated in children under 8 months of age.
Folic acid, which is abundant in savoy cabbage, is very beneficial during pregnancy. The lack of this element can lead to a defect in the neural tube in the fetus, as well as to the development of pathologies of the spine.
The presence of a sufficient amount of folic acid contributes to the high-quality metabolism of amino acids and the transfer of carbon to the body. She is actively involved in the formation of the DNA chain and the synthesis of new fetal cells.
Savoy cabbage helps to improve the sexual function of men, is excellent for the prevention of prostatitis and impotence.
Although Savoy cabbage is just one of the many varieties of the cabbage family, it occupies one of the leading places in its medicinal properties. The vegetable is great for boosting your immune system and improving your health. The product is beneficial for both children and adults.