We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
In Russia, cabbage has been treated with love and respect for a long time. Cabbage is good in any version, but instant pickled cabbage, of course, is beyond any competition. Almost everyone loves her - spicy and crispy or tender and juicy.
Pickled cabbage is one of the most favorite dishes at all feasts, because it is a versatile and tasty addition for both fish and meat.
Also, cooking pickled cabbage is a fairly simple process that does not require special culinary skills. In the article you will find a recipe for instant cabbage in a jar, including sweet cabbage.
Which vegetable to choose?
Both white and red cabbage varieties are suitable for pickling, but most prefer the former.
White cabbage is softer and more tender than red cabbage. But even the latter, with the right marinating, during which the recipe and proportions are carefully observed, can become a worthy dish on the table.
For, to choose the right cabbage for pickling, you need to follow the algorithm:
- Cut the cabbage in half.
- Estimate the cut: from the inside, it should be white with a creamy tint, and the head of cabbage should be moderately tight.
- The vegetable should taste sweet and, most importantly, crispy.
You can pickle the following varieties of cabbage:
- Late... These varieties are used most often because the taste of the vegetable improves during its long-term storage. These include:
- Geneva F1.
- "Moscow late".
- "Amager" and others.
- Mid-season... The advantage of this species is its early ripening: in August or September. Also, the yield and shelf life of early species are an order of magnitude greater than that of others. Mid-season cabbage varieties:
- "Glory 1305".
- "Jubilee F1", etc.
- Hybrid... This species does not enjoy the same success as mid-season or late-ripening species because their cultivation is mainly focused on head size rather than taste. In addition, their shelf life will not allow them to hold out until the new planting season. The most popular pickling varieties:
- "Moscow late".
- "Menza" and others.
Attention! Variety "Creumont" is highly not recommended for pickling, because it has a too dense head structure.
Benefit and harm
Cabbage is an excellent source of iodine, phosphorus, iron, magnesium and many other beneficial substances for the body. This dish, due to the preservation of all the vitamins contained in raw vegetables even after pickling, allows you to strengthen the immune system, avoid vitamin deficiency, and establish and improve the intestinal microflora.
Also when pickling in cabbage, vitamins C and U are preserved... The first helps the body to resist bacteria that cause various infections, and the second is recommended for various diseases of the stomach and intestinal tract: ulcerative colitis, gastritis and duodenal diseases. Also lowers cholesterol levels.
Its use is recommended for kidney disease, gout and coronary heart disease. Pickled cabbage is an exclusively dietary product, because its caloric content averages only 47 kcal per 100 g, of which proteins - 0.8 g, fats - 0.05 g, carbohydrates - 11.5 g.
Step by step instructions for cooking
Here classic recipe for daily kale in marinade... The ingredients are:
- Cabbage - 2 kg.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Garlic - 3 pcs. clove.
- Water -1 l.
- Vinegar - 1-2 tsp
- Salt - 3 tbsp. l.
- Sugar - 1-2 tbsp. l.
- Bay leaf - 5 pcs.
- Black peppercorns - 9-10 pcs.
Step by step cooking:
- Cut the cabbage into medium-sized pieces to look nice on a plate when served.
- Grate carrots on a coarse grater, you can also cut into thin slices.
- Fill the bowl with vegetables: put garlic, pepper and bay leaf on the bottom, then cabbage and carrots to the top.
- Prepare the marinade: add salt, sugar to the water, then put on fire, wait for a boil and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the marinade into a bowl and add the vinegar last, cover and press for a day.
Important! The cabbage should be crispy, so you should use moderately tight cabbage heads.
Different versions of the recipe
- Sweet pickled cabbage... This cooking option differs only in that pickling increases the amount of sugar and vinegar that was in the classic recipe. Instead of 1 tsp, the recipe contains 100 grams of vinegar, and 100 grams of sugar.
- Pickled cabbage in a jar... With this preparation, there are no differences in the recipe and in the order of preparation, they are only in what exactly the cabbage is pickled in. In this case, all the chopped vegetables are placed in a three-liter jar in layers: 1 - carrots and garlic, 2 - cabbage, 3 - pepper. Marinade and vinegar are added last. The jar is closed with a tight plastic lid and should be kept in a warm room.
- Pickled cabbage with garlic... In this case, the ingredients do not change either, only the amount of garlic: instead of 3 cloves of garlic, you need to use a whole head.
- Pickled cabbage with pepper... Sweet peppers are added to the classic recipe: 2 pcs. for 1 kg. cabbage.
- Pickled cabbage with vegetables... When pickling cabbage, you can add any vegetables: beets, different types of peppers, garlic, carrots, onions, even a plant such as ginger or a fruit - an apple!
The addition of certain ingredients depends solely on the taste preferences of the hostess, therefore there is no fixed amount of this or that vegetable, spices that you are going to add to your dish. For example, by increasing the amount of pepper, you can make the dish sharper, onion - to give a light onion flavor, non-standard for the classic recipe.
Pickled cabbage is an ideal addition to absolutely any product: fish, meat, potatoes, rice etc. It can be served as an appetizer or salad, with a little watering it with sunflower or olive oil and adding onions.
This dish will appeal to almost everyone, because its recipe can be changed in accordance with absolutely any preferences, and you do not need to spend a lot of time cooking or have a high level of culinary skills!