We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Peking cabbage and shrimp salad is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for the body. Peking cabbage, or, as it is also called, Chinese cabbage, contains a lot of dietary fiber, which has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the intestines and the health of your skin. In addition, this vegetable is a storehouse of vitamin C.
Shrimp is not only a delicacy and low-calorie product. Their meat contains potassium, calcium, zinc, iodine, phosphorus and sulfur in an easily digestible form. Therefore, the combination of these ingredients in dishes is not only tasty, but also healthy. Get out your notebooks and jot down recipes for quick and mouth-watering salads.
Nutritional value of the main ingredients
Shrimp enrich your body with potassium, magnesium and iodine, which is especially important for people with thyroid problems. The nutritional value of such a dish will turn out to be small:
- Calorie content: cabbage 16 kcal per 100 g, shrimp - 95 kcal.
- Proteins / fats / carbohydrates: for shrimp 19 / 2.5 / 0; for Chinese cabbage: 1.2 / 0.2 / 2.
- To prepare a salad with shrimps and Chinese cabbage, the first thing we need to do is boil the shrimps and chop the cabbage.
- Shred cabbage into small longitudinal strips, shrimp, if you have frozen ones, dip in salted boiling water and cook until they float. For a richer flavor, you can add bay leaves.
Important! Do not throw away the hard base of cabbage leaves - they contain the most vitamins and useful microelements! Be sure to add them to your salad!
If you are using king prawns or tiger prawns, then the intestines must be removed., in which small stones, algae, etc. can accumulate. To do this, we make an incision exactly along the back of the shrimp and carefully remove everything unnecessary.
Simple and delicious recipes with photos
We offer you to familiarize yourself with interesting recipes with photos based on Chinese cabbage and shrimp.
With crab sticks
For this salad you will need:
- medium head of cabbage;
- 200 grams of frozen shrimp;
- 100 grams of crab sticks;
- 2 boiled eggs;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the cabbage into long strips.
- Defrost the crab sticks and cut into small squares.
- We boil the eggs in the same way in the standard way and solve in the same way as crab sticks.
- Boil the shrimps in boiling water for 2-3 minutes, until they float.
- Optionally, you can either chop them finely or use whole boiled shrimp for serving (laid out on top).
- Mix all the ingredients with the addition of salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil if desired.
- Decorate with shrimp on top and serve.
You can find interesting options for salads with Chinese cabbage and crab sticks here.
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- a head of Chinese cabbage;
- 200g of boiled king prawns;
- 3-4 slices of canned pineapple;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- you can use low-fat yogurt for dressing.
- We wash the cabbage thoroughly, tear off the sheets and cut into thin strips.
- Cut pineapple circles into small squares.
- Seafood can be sliced or used for serving.
- We'll need pineapple juice from the can for refueling.
- Pour half of the juice into the pan, add a tablespoon of sugar.
- Stir and evaporate until thickened.
- As soon as the sauce has acquired the consistency of liquid sour cream, remove it from the stove and let it cool.
If you do not want to use sugar, then mix a tablespoon of low-fat yogurt and a tablespoon of pineapple juice. Lemon juice can be added if desired.
More recipes for salads from Chinese cabbage and pineapple are presented in this article.
- Head of Chinese cabbage.
- 200g shrimp.
- 100g cherry tomatoes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- a few sprigs of dill, garlic;
- as a basis, you can take both mayonnaise and a more dietary option - low-fat yogurt.
Cut the cherry tomatoes into 4 slices.
- We wash the cabbage and cut it into strips.
- Boil seafood, peel, leave whole for serving.
Preparing the dressing:
- Finely three garlic on a grater or squeeze juice from it in a garlic press.
- Add dill, as well as salt and pepper to taste to our base.
Important! In this version of the salad, you need to mix the cabbage along with the dressing, and only then add the rest of the ingredients.
You can find delicious options for salads from Peking and tomatoes here, and from such cabbage and cherry tomatoes here.
One of the easiest options. We need:
- 400-500g cabbage;
- 200g shrimp;
- two medium cucumbers;
- olive oil;
- salt pepper.
- We wash the Chinese cabbage and cut it into long strips.
- Boil the shrimps, peel.
- Cut the cucumbers into long thin strips.
- Season with olive oil, sprinkle with herbs, and serve.
It turns out a light summer salad.
Various salads from such a vegetable and cucumbers are discussed in the following material.
For this recipe you will need:
- 600g of Chinese cabbage;
- 200g boiled shrimp;
- 2 boiled eggs;
- salt, spices, croutons.
- We cut the cabbage as in the previous recipes.
- Boil seafood with the addition of salt and bay leaf.
- Each shrimp is steamed into about 3-4 parts.
- Cut the eggs into squares.
- Add herbs, mayonnaise, as well as salt and spices.
- You can take the croutons ready-made, but it is better to cook yourself. To do this, cut the loaf into squares, pour the future croutons onto a baking sheet, sprinkle with olive oil and put in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees.
Watch out for the preparation of croutons! They need to be taken out and mixed.
- Put the prepared mixed salad on plates and sprinkle with croutons on top.
You can find other variations of Peking salads and croutons here.
- 1/2 head of cabbage;
- 200g shrimp;
- 2 eggs;
- 150g corn in a jar;
- 2 eggs.
For dressing: yogurt and garlic.
- Cut the cabbage as described above, boil the shrimps and eggs.
- Cut eggs into squares, shrimps - optional.
- You can use whole shrimp for serving, or cut them into 2-3 pieces.
- We mix all the prepared ingredients.
- In a separate deep bowl, stir together the yoghurt and the grated garlic.
- Add to the salad, mix. Salt.
Simple and delicious recipes for Chinese cabbage and corn are collected in a separate publication.
Seafood with squid
- 1 head of cabbage;
- 300 gr of salad shrimps;
- 2-3 squid carcasses (depending on size);
- 3 eggs;
- mayonnaise, salt, pepper.
- Finely chop the cabbage into thin strips.
- Boil seafood and eggs until tender.
- Cut eggs into cubes, shrimps - into 2-3 pieces each.
- We dip the squid carcasses in boiling salted water for 3 minutes, cool, remove the top layer and cut into rings. These rings, in the future, can also be used for feeding.
If a beautiful presentation is not required, we cut each ring into 3 more parts.
- Refuel, mix, serve.
You will find more simple and healthy Peking cabbage and squid salads in another article.
It is necessary:
- 1 head of cabbage;
- 300gr. king prawns;
- 2 eggs;
- 100gr. parmesan;
- 50g feta cheese.
For dressing: low-calorie yogurt, garlic, herbs.
- Shred the cabbage as described in the previous recipes.
- Boil the eggs and cut them into thin strips.
- Boil representatives of crustaceans, clean them of their shells and leave them intact for serving.
- Parmesan is sent to the finest grater.
- Cut the feta into large squares.
- Mix yogurt, grated garlic, salt and herbs in a separate container.
- All ingredients, except for cheeses, mix together with the dressing and put on a plate.
- Sprinkle with parmesan on top, and spread a few feta cubes in the middle.
To save your time, you can use ready-made canned shrimp in brine. They are usually found in hypermarkets in the seafood section.
Other recipes for Peking and cheese salads are described in a separate article, but here you will find options with feta cheese.
You can also make a quick salad like "Caesar" from Chinese cabbage, shrimps, cherry tomatoes and crackers:
- We cut the cabbage.
- Boil the shrimps.
- Cut the cherry into halves.
Croutons, to save time, you can take ready-made with the taste of cheese.
And for dressing we take yogurt and grated garlic. It turns out no worse than in restaurants, and, at the same time, dietary.
The benefits of a culinary dish
There are many recipes for Peking cabbage and shrimp salads. We've given you examples of light salads with ingredients that can be found in almost every store. Such salads will be not only tasty, but also healthy. The more variety of vegetables you add, the more "vitamin" your salad will turn out to be.
Shrimp goes well with cheese, eggs and other seafood - such a salad will be full of healthy proteins and fats, which is very important for athletes. Vegetables will serve as a source of vitamins and minerals. And this will have a good effect on digestion and bowel function.
The seafood used for this salad is rich in vitamins A, B and D. Vitamin D is especially important for the development of bones and joints in children. If you give such a salad with shrimp to a child several times a week, it will reduce the risk of rickets. For adults, iodine is especially important, which is contained in absolutely all seafood.
Thanks to iodine, the normal functioning of the thyroid gland is supported, problems with which often lead to excess weight, shortness of breath and chronic fatigue.