We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Everyone knows about the health benefits of cauliflower. In addition, this dietary product is also quite budgetary. You can make many different dishes with cauliflower.
It can be boiled, fried, baked. But there are people who don't quite like its taste. But no one will refuse the puree soup! Delicate, savory dish for real gourmets.
We will tell you how to prepare a first course according to a traditional recipe, as well as many options based on it.
Features of the dish
The main feature of the puree soup is its consistency. Moreover, its components can be exactly the same as in a traditional soup. Unlike regular soup, Cauliflower puree soup will allow the nutrients to be absorbed faster. Plus, there are no fried vegetables in the puree soup, which makes it healthier. It is also important that cream soup (as this dish is also called) can be prepared quickly and without much effort, while it still turns out very tasty.
Benefits and Potential Harm
Cauliflower cream soup can be used for dietary and baby food. Cauliflower has many health benefits and is high in vitamins. Also, this dish can be recommended for the elderly, since the convenient consistency of the puree will allow the nutrients to be absorbed faster in the body.
If you follow a diet, cooking vegetable puree soup will diversify your diet. However, then you need to be especially careful about the additives. If vegetable soup does not contradict the principles of proper nutrition, then adding cream will make it more nutritious.
However, when choosing cauliflower as the main vegetable for making puree soup, you must take into account the individual intolerance of this product. For example, in case of stomach ailments, you should be careful about the use of this product.
Recipes with photos
The classic way of cooking
Important! Before cooking cauliflower in any way, you need to hold it in salted water for 15-20 minutes. This will get rid of the insects that are hiding in the head of cabbage.
To make the soup, you need the following ingredients:
- A head of cauliflower 1 kg (when divided into inflorescences, about 800 g remains).
- Cream 10-20% 200 ml.
- Bow 1 pc.
- Carrots 1 pc.
- Butter 1 tbsp. the spoon.
- Garlic 1 clove optional.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
For cooking vegetables, you can take plain water, or you can take pre-cooked meat or vegetable broth.
- Peel vegetables. Finely chop the onion and carrot. Divide the cabbage into inflorescences.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Add chopped onion there and fry until soft (about 3-4 minutes). It is important that the onion does not burn. It should just become soft and transparent.
- Add carrots and cabbage to the onion. Cover with water or broth so that all vegetables are covered. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook vegetables for 20-25 minutes. They should become soft.
- Select vegetables with a slotted spoon and transfer to a blender. You do not need to drain the broth yet.
- Add a glass of broth and chopped garlic (if desired) to a blender to vegetables. Beat everything until smooth.
- Transfer the soup back to the pot, add the cream and mix well. Heat the soup, but do not boil. If the finished soup seems too thick, you can add another glass of vegetable broth to it and mix well.
Watch the video recipe for vegetable puree cauliflower soup:
More details on recipes for cauliflower cream soups can be found here.
How can you diversify the "classics"?
The classic recipe described above can be made more interesting or varied according to your taste preferences. The most common cauliflower soup recipe variations are:
- With broccoli. Can be added to broccoli puree with cauliflower or replaced entirely. This will diversify the flavor of the soup and give it a delicate flavor.
- With potatoes. You can add 200 g of potatoes to the recipe described above. When cooking, it must be stewed along with the rest of the vegetables. You can also change the proportions, and 500 gr. cauliflower add 500 gr. potatoes. This will make the dish more satisfying.
- With zucchini. Instead of potatoes, you can put peeled zucchini in the soup. This soup can also be used by those who monitor the calorie content of food.
- With pumpkin. It is also possible to add pumpkin to the soup. It will give a special delicate taste and aroma to the finished dish. It is best to add as much pumpkin as the cauliflower.
- With celery. Celery root is a spicy root vegetable and can decorate any dish. If you wish, add it to the puree soup, chop it finely and sauté it along with the rest of the vegetables. One medium-sized root vegetable will suffice.
- With mushrooms, for example, champignons: to prepare such a cream soup, add chopped mushrooms to the vegetables and stew them, and then cook according to the classic recipe. It is also a good option for those who adhere to the principles of good nutrition and still want to diversify their diet.
- With milk. If, for some reason, adding cream to the cream soup is unacceptable, you can refuse them in favor of low-fat milk. Just at the stage of grinding vegetables in a blender, instead of cream and broth, you can adjust the thickness of the soup by adding milk. Or, you can completely abandon dairy products when cooking and just add a spoonful of sour cream to the already prepared portion of the soup.
On a note. These additives can be used together. For example, you can combine cauliflower, pumpkin, and potatoes in a soup.
Diet cream soup
For dieters or dieters, a recipe for tomato paste puree soup can be helpful.
- Cauliflower 300 g.
- Onion 100 g.
- Greens (can be different, to taste) 1 bunch.
- Tomato paste 2 tbsp spoons or 3 tomatoes.
- Milk (skimmed) 200 ml.
- Vegetable oil 1 tbsp. the spoon.
- Spices to taste.
If fresh tomatoes are added to the soup instead of tomato paste, they must be peeled. It is easy to do this - first, the tomatoes are scalded with boiling water, and then poured over with cold water. After that, the peel is easily peeled off.
The sequence of actions when preparing a dietary soup puree:
- Stew finely chopped onion with tomato paste (or chopped tomatoes) in a frying pan.
- Simultaneously boil the cauliflower in a separate saucepan in a little water. After boiling, cook for 15 minutes.
- Combine cabbage and onion. Grind everything to a puree with a blender. Top up with water if necessary, but keep in mind that milk will be added later.
- Bring to a boil and add milk. Add greens.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
Learn more about the classic recipe and variations for Diet Cauliflower Vegetable Soup here.
Separately, you can highlight the recipe for lean cauliflower puree soup. To make lean cream soup you need:
- Vegetable oil 1 tbsp. the spoon.
- Wheat flour 2 teaspoons.
- Cauliflower 1 head of cabbage.
- Onions 1-2 pcs.
- Water 1 - 1.5 liters. (depends on how thick the soup needs to be obtained).
- Spices to taste.
- Rinse and finely chop all vegetables.
- Pour vegetable oil into a saucepan with a thick bottom and heat it up. Pour flour into the butter and fry it for 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Pour water into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add onions and cabbage inflorescences to the water. Bring to a boil again and reduce heat. Cook for 20 minutes. A few minutes before ready to add spices.
- Turn off the pan, transfer to a heat-resistant surface (such as a cutting board) and chop the vegetables with a hand blender.
- Let it brew for about 10 minutes.
Important! Chop the soup while hot.
Therefore, you need to work with a blender carefully, starting at the lowest speed and increasing it as the vegetables are chopped.
Soup-puree is served in bowls or soup bowls. Often croutons or croutons are served with the soup. This presentation option can rightfully be considered a classic. Croutons cooked with garlic or spices will add a spicy flavor to the dish.
Same you can put a sprig of boiled cauliflower in the ready-made puree soup or decorate the plate with herbs. Another popular serving option is to put half a hard-boiled egg into the finished portion.
For lovers of spicy taste, serving puree soup along with smoked meats may be relevant.
Puree soup is a delicious and nutritious dish. Its preparation is easier than it might seem at first glance. Especially if you have a stationary or hand blender on hand. Various recipe options will allow you to diversify your diet with a delicious and healthy dish.