We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
For those who like to try something new and not stand by the stove all day, the recipe for Korean pickled cauliflower is perfect.
This appetizer is sure to become your signature dish. And most importantly, it is done very quickly: only 15-20 minutes of active cooking!
In the morning you have spent a little effort and in the evening you are treating your guests and family with a delicious and healthy dish! Guests will also ask for a recipe!
This snack can be kept in the refrigerator for quite a long time, so prepare it for future use. Consider a few quick recipes for pickling cauliflower and options for serving the finished dish on the table.
Features of Korean cuisine
Cooking cauliflower according to the Korean recipe allows you to preserve the maximum amount of vitamins and minerals in the product. That is why Korean cuisine is considered one of the healthiest cuisines in the world.
The benefits and harms of a pickled dish
It should be borne in mind that Korean cuisine is quite spicy and spicy, so if you are prone to heartburn or gastritis, such food is contraindicated for you. However, you can simply reduce the amount of spices in the dish to suit your needs (for example, reduce the amount of garlic). If it is assumed that small children will treat themselves to Korean-style cauliflower, the amount of spices should also be reduced.
If your stomach is healthy and you love spicy food, this recipe is for you. After all, it is known that spicy food helps in combating stress, improves digestion, blood circulation and helps to cope with colds.
- Calorie content of the finished dish per 100 gr. - 79 kcal.
- Protein - 2 gr.
- Fat - 4 gr.
- Carbohydrates - 10 gr.
As you can see, the dish is light and healthy.
- a head of cauliflower;
- 1 carrot;
- 4 cloves of garlic (can be adjusted to taste).
For the marinade:
- 130 g Sahara;
- 1 tbsp salt;
- 40 ml of refined vegetable oil;
- 50 ml vinegar 9%;
- 700 ml of water;
- 1 tsp coriander;
- 1 tsp turmeric;
- ground black pepper - to taste;
- paprika - to taste;
- Bay leaf;
- you can experiment with other spices - chili peppers, onions, herbs and others.
Cauliflower should be fresh and free from rot or damage. In order to remove possible insects from it, soak it 30 minutes before cooking in cold water with the addition of a tablespoon of salt and citric acid at the tip of a knife. Instead of acid, you can use a tablespoon of lemon juice
- Divide the washed cabbage into small inflorescences. Adjust the size of the pieces yourself, someone loves large pieces, someone smaller.
- Boil the slices in water for about 3-4 minutes. You can just boil the water, throw in the cabbage inflorescences and turn off the heat.
- Let stand under the lid for 4-5 minutes. In this case, the cabbage is especially crispy.
- Then it is necessary to drain the water in which the cabbage was cooked.
- While the cabbage is boiling, cut the carrots and garlic. Finely chop the garlic with a knife, and the carrot looks most aesthetically pleasing when grated on a special Korean-style carrot grater. But you can use a regular coarse grater.
- To prepare the marinade, boil the water, add the spices and cook for 5 minutes to release their aroma and flavor into the water. Add salt, sugar, vinegar and unscented vegetable oil.
- Pour the vegetables with the resulting marinade, let the dish cool and refrigerate for 10-12 hours.
According to the same recipe, you can harvest cabbage for the winter:
- To do this, cook vegetables, put them in a jar.
- Pour in hot marinade and roll up the lids.
It is very pleasant in winter to get such a delicious jar and serve it on the table.
IMPORTANT! If you are rolling cauliflower into a jar for long-term storage, be sure to rinse and sterilize the container thoroughly!
If you don't have the strength and ability to wait 10-12 hours, the marinating process can be easily accelerated. To do this, when pouring marinade over vegetables, put them under oppression. Leave the cabbage in the refrigerator and you can enjoy crispy, spicy cauliflower in 5-6 hours.
Some helpful tips
- Feel free to experiment with seasonings. The basic recipe can always be supplemented with your favorite spices and vegetables. For example, pickle bell peppers with cauliflower.
- Look for a head of cabbage with leaves near the stump. The presence of juicy leaves is a sure sign of young, fresh cabbage.
- The inflorescences on the head of cabbage should fit snugly together, and the cabbage itself should be strong, white and free of dark spots.
- If possible, avoid using commercially available pickling spices. They are often too salty or too sweet. Korean cauliflower requires the most basic seasonings that you can adjust to your liking, and you will always be confident in the quality of the product.
Korean style pickled cauliflower is a great stand-alone snack on the table.
It is a useful side dish for:
It is especially good to take a jar out into the nature when you are planning to cook barbecue. You can simply add a little onions, bell peppers, herbs and season with vegetable oil. This will make a great salad.
A variety of Korean snacks have long ceased to be exotic and have firmly settled in our homes. Korean cauliflower is a wonderful, easy dishthat does not require much effort and costly components from you.
Try it and it will definitely become a signature snack that your household and guests will love. Enjoy your meal!
Video with a recipe for cooking: