We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Radish is associated with the Russian countryside, poverty and sour smell, bitterness. But the popularity of the vegetable in Japanese, Korean, Kazakh and modern Russian cuisine is proof that it is a delicious and very healthy product.
To always have a radish at hand, you need to learn how to store it, and the best way to store it is pickling. In our article, we will offer you to tell you about the beneficial properties of this wonderful vegetable and share the best recipes for sauerkraut radish. We also recommend watching an interesting video on this topic.
Vegetables ferment due to spontaneous fermentation... Lactic acid acts as a preservative. The fermentation process will take 3 to 5 days. In the morning and in the evening, pierce with a knife or spoon and drain off excess juice. Fermentation is accompanied by the release of foul-smelling gases, so do not forget to keep an eye on the workpiece.
Radish can be fermented in chunks in brine:
- Salt for brine is taken 5% of the amount of water.
- To extract your own juice, the product must be grinded (grated, chopped with a cut).
- Coarse table salt add 1.5-2% of the weight of vegetables, you can also use sea gray.
ATTENTION: Salt is not the most important ingredient in fermentation. It improves the taste and delays the pathogenicity process. If you ferment a root vegetable for making dietary salads, then you don't need to add it.
- On the first day, put two radishes in a warm place, then send them to the refrigerator. Choose the right fermentation utensils. Containers should be made of wood or glass.
The radish has been credited with miraculous power since ancient times.... The builders of the Egyptian pyramids received the vegetable as an antimicrobial agent. It has long been used to treat bronchitis with radish juice. How to use and not harm?
- Among all vegetables, radish ranks first in terms of potassium, magnesium and calcium content. It also contains iron and phosphorus. Alkaline salts cleanse our body from metabolic products.
- But you can not get carried away with eating vegetables for people with peptic ulcer, inflammatory processes in the stomach, small and large intestines. Contraindications for gout, liver and kidney diseases.
Korean and Japanese cuisines make white radish or daikon, which does not contain mustard oil, unlike black and green. Replacing the root vegetable with colored vegetables when preparing the popular Korean dish kimchi is not worth it.
We put it on the table:
- Daikon - 1 kg.
- Salt - 1 tbsp the spoon.
- Sugar - 1 tbsp. the spoon.
- Soy sauce - 30 ml.
- Ground red hot pepper or paprika - 0.5 tbsp. the spoon.
- Green onions.
- Garlic - 1 clove.
- Fresh ginger - 1 tbsp. spoons.
- Peel and dice the daikon.
- Add salt and sugar to a bowl with diced cubes.
- Stir, put salt and sugar for half an hour.
- Rub the garlic and ginger.
- Chop green onions not finely.
- Pour the juice into another bowl.
- Add pepper, garlic, ginger to the cubes. Soy sauce and own radish juice about 30 ml.
- We mix everything. You can have a snack in 2 hours. But Korean-style pickled radish will become a real Korean dish kakdugi in 5 days. Do not forget to pierce the contents of the can with a knife in the morning and in the evening so that the air will escape. Drain off any juice that stands out.
Watch the video about making Daikon radish in Korean6
Kazakh cuisine prefers to ferment black radish, but not separately, but with other vegetables... Cooking for a delicious dish:
- Black radish - 1 medium root vegetable.
- White cabbage - 2 kg.
- Carrots - 1 piece.
- Flour (preferably rye) - 2.5-3 tablespoons.
- Dill seeds (a matter of taste).
- Coarse salt - 2 tablespoons.
- Sprinkle the bottom of a clean, dry dish with flour, thanks to this little trick, the fermentation process is slower and does not allow the product to deteriorate.
- Place the hard top cabbage leaves inside the container.
- Shred cabbage.
- Cut the radish and carrots into cubes.
- Mix vegetables, sprinkle with dill seeds, add salt.
- We rub the workpiece with our hands and put it in a container for sourdough.
- We put a cover with a load on top (oppression).
- After two days, the workpiece is laid out in jars for further storage.
Daikon without additives
The simplest recipe is fermented daikon with salt.:
- Daikon (Japanese or white radish) - 1 kg.
- Salt - 1 tbsp the spoon.
- Half a glass of water.
- Clean the root crop well with a brush, cut off the skin and ends, rinse. If the daikon is young and the skin is soft, then it can be left.
- Grate or finely chop. Then put in a bowl.
- Add salt to the grated radish and mix everything thoroughly with your hands. Add half a glass of water and again
TIP: You can also ferment radish in assorted varieties. Carrots, radishes and apples go well. Just do not add garlic to such a mixture: it will spoil the taste of the workpiece.
Store blanks in the refrigerator or cellar... Sauerkraut is served on the table as an independent snack. A salad with radish will be spicy, healthy and delicious.
Growing and storing a root vegetable is easy. Store fresh root vegetables in drawers with ventilation holes in the cellar or on the lower shelf of the refrigerator in the vegetable compartment. The radish is dried in slices and pickled. Delicious salads with radish and sweet pepper, harvested for the winter.
In Japan, radish is considered the main vegetable garden.... In ancient Egypt, it was served on a golden platter, and the Romans used juice as an antidote. In Russia, they always laughed at the radish and always ate it with pleasure.