We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
For many owners of a country house, the home abode is not just a dwelling, but an extension of the soul, a place for physical and emotional relaxation.
Therefore, the desire to make this place beautiful arouses the interest of summer residents in landscape design, the science of how to turn a garden from a series of beds and spontaneously growing trees into a work of art.
There is a lot of information on landscape design on the Internet, but it's easy to get confused and misunderstood.
There are mistakes in garden design that can spoil the harmony of the garden plot, even if labor and creativity are invested in it. Let's list them in order to know which techniques should be used in garden planning and what should not be done.
Mistake 1: There is no connection between home and garden
Forming a connection between home and garden is one of the famous landscape design techniques.
This effect is necessary to create a single atmosphere inside the house-garden ensemble.
Atmosphere is an ephemeral concept that is the result of successful design and is felt by the owners and guests who appreciate the beauty of the site.
However, not everyone understands how such an effect can be achieved in practice..
The very first logical decision is to connect the house and the garden with the help of plants.
To this end, do the following:
- greening the veranda;
- planted flower beds in front of the porch;
- "Let" vertical plants on the walls;
- decorate the porch with huge flower pots.
An inexperienced gardener gets the impression that a connection has arisen, but an experienced designer will immediately determine that the garden is separate, and the house is separate.
The reason for this is that the mistake was made at the level of the idea: plants do not create a connection, they only help to embody it.
How to achieve harmony between home and garden?
Repetition of motives
- Similar finishing elements. Decorative details of the facade, such as wood carvings, can be repeated in the bench.
- Materials of the same type. The flower beds can be outlined with the brick used for the walls.
- The same color scheme. The color of the roof can be the same as the color of the track.
- Using similar shapes and lines. If the house is replete with sharp, rectangular shapes, then rectangular elements are repeated in the garden (the shape of a pond, a garden of stones, flower beds). If the house has circles or ovals, then these shapes are used in the garden design.
Ways to make the transition from home to garden
Transition means creating design elements that are between the house and the garden, for example:
- gazebo with a bench,
- path from the porch with small flower beds on the sides.
To achieve smooth transitions, planting is required.
In achieving connectivity, the design of the porch, door, and wicket plays a key role. To create a cohesive impression, the door should not appear as a contrasting element.
The color of the door must somehow be connected with the shade of the facade; the door can be several shades darker. Plants used in the design of the gate, the front door of the house and, for example, paths create the feeling of a transition between the house and the garden.
Mistake 2: Incorrect zoning of space
One of the rules of landscape design is the zoning of the site..
The correct division into zones allows you to draw attention to various elements without losing their relationship.
Examples of zones:
- table with bench;
- flower garden;
A successful design is determined by the presence of the structure of the site. It is not enough just to place one spectacular object; there must be a connection between the zones to create integrity.
How to achieve this:
- The presence of borders for each zone. These can be small fences, partitions entwined with plants, borders can be lined with stones, sufficiently large zones can be planted around the edges with bushes.
- Transitions from zone to zone. The presence of tracks with intersections.
- The partitions should not be too large, high or solid, so that the feeling of connection between the zones is not lost.
Types of partitions
The partition should be airy and open, so that perception does not bump into a dead end, and attention flows from one decorative element to another.
Variety of partitions:
- mesh partitions;
- arches and arched tunnels;
- small picket fences;
- line of multi-colored pipes;
- rope net;
- modern forged structures;
Openwork partitions are a great opportunity to use plants for decoration, you can curl up with ivy a metal structure and a palisade, and plant bush flowers at the foot of the arch.
All these secrets allow you to divide the garden into zones and at the same time create visual transitions between them.
Mistake 3: Trying to structure your garden with vertical landscaping
Some gardeners overload the garden with vertically growing plants in the hope that this will give the garden an elegant structure.
Such a move leads to the fact that the greenery looks like a separate array.
To create a structure in landscape design, the "vertical garden" technique is carried out.
It can be achieved only by creating several levels of the garden and by introducing vertical elements, such elements can be decorated with plants.
Ways to create layering:
- flowers planted by size;
- the presence of several objects, different in height, nearby;
- creation of artificial levels. This is done by bringing in soil, for example, you can make a bed at a higher level;
- bridges, which can be both above water bodies, and above decorative streams of pebbles or flowers;
- alpine slides;
- a gazebo on a stepped foundation, on which pots of flowers are placed.
Mistake 4: the fence is practical but not aesthetically pleasing
A fence is the first thing that a guest sees when approaching the house; it is a fairly extensive design element that always catches the eye. The purpose of the fence is safety and comfort. The fence can be a decorative element, while maintaining its practical use.
How to achieve harmony between the fence and the garden, so that it does not stand out from the overall composition?
If the owner is at the stage of choosing a fence, then for an interesting design he can choose:
- multilevel picket fence;
- inserts in the form of geometric shapes;
- round arch above the gate.
Even if the fence itself is simple and functional, it can be decorated:
- Make colored glass inserts.
- Cut the levels of the fence to the required relief.
- Install a wrought-iron fence along the fence line and let a wild plant along it.
- Create geometric shapes inside and veneer them with stone.