We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A spider mite is pestparasitizing on plant leaves. The female tick can be up to 1 mm in length, the male is 2 times smaller in size. These arthropods are most often milky white, but there are also red, green or orange individuals.
They usually amaze the underside of the sheet - at first, it is covered with white dots on the underside, then the pest begins to weave a web and multiply rapidly.
Ultimately, the cobweb can cover several adjacent leaves, and a wiggling mass from the bodies of ticks and their excrement accumulates along the edges. At the same time, the sheet dries, the plant loses microelements necessary for growth.
The fight against this parasite is usually complex, and its methods depend on which plant was affected, at what stage the infection is and on what in what phase is the plant itself now (flowering, vegetation, etc.). In this article, we will look at how to independently cope with a spider mite on a berry.
Spider mite on grapes - photo:
The pest affects grapes quite often. Spider mite on grapes - how to fight? Methods for dealing with this pest include complex of chemical and agrotechnical measures:
- Weed removal... This is a very important point, since most species of spider mites overwinter on the remains of the plant, and with the arrival of spring, they begin to multiply rapidly on neighboring weeds. That is why weeds must be removed as soon as they appear.
- Eradicating spraying.
- With the arrival of autumn, after the foliage has completely fallen, the grapes are sprayed with DNOC... This can be done in the spring, the main thing is to have time before the buds begin to bloom.
- If a tick appears during the growing season, grapes can be treated with special acaricides, among which Sunmight, Omite, Demitan... Plants should be treated with these preparations only if the number of parasites has reached the economic threshold of harmfulness - for grapes it is 5 ticks per leaf.
- Folk remedies for combating spider mites. Among them are various decoctions on onion peel, garlic, dandelion... Spraying with such formulations is carried out in the spring, before bud break.
For raspberries, this pest especially dangerous - during a drought, crop losses can be up to 70%.
There are several ways to deal with spider mites on raspberries:
- Meticulous removal of weeds and fallen leaves - females of the tick hibernate on them.
- Spraying bushes urea solution... This method is more likely to prevent infection. This should be done in the spring, before the buds begin to bloom.
- Raspberry bushes processing Fufanon... It is used for severe damage to the bush.
- Treatment Akrex or Aktellikom... Produced after picking berries. If the infestation is severe, two sprays may be needed. In this respect, Akreks is stronger than Actellic.
Spider mite on raspberries - photo:
Spider mites on currants - how to fight? You can get rid of the pest on currant bushes in the following ways:
- In the spring, when the buds bloom, they are sprayed with acaricides - Antio, Metaphos, Akartan, Zolone, Vofatox, Phosphamide, colloidal sulfur or whatever.
- On the eve of flowering currants, if the damage to the bushes is strong, it should be done re-spraying.
- It is necessary to clear the space around the bush from fallen leaves and weeds, and also to dig in the soil from time to time - this is contributes to population decline spider mite.
- Spraying infusion of onion peel once every 5-7 days.
It should be remembered that the use of one drug forms in ticks immunity to it, so they need to be alternated.
Spider mite on currants - photo:
The lemon tree most commonly infects the red spider mite. He feeds on the juice of young leaves, and it is rather difficult to detect it at first. Spider mite on lemon - measures to combat it:
- Spraying a tree gray.
- Spraying acaricides... It is used on an industrial scale. If the lemon is grown at home, it is best not to use chemicals on it.
- Leaf processing soapy water... At the same time, each sheet is wiped with a sponge dipped in a solution. Particular attention should be paid to the underside of the sheet. It is best to use natural laundry soap to prepare the solution.
- Leaf processing alcohol solution... For this, ordinary medical 96% alcohol is suitable. Before processing, it is imperative to remove all damaged parts of the plant. After a week, the procedure is repeated.
- Processing 35% Sulfaride paste.
- Fighting ticks with ultraviolet... This pest does not tolerate ultraviolet radiation (therefore, it is located mainly on the underside of the leaf). In order to destroy it, the tree is placed under a special lamp for one and a half to two minutes.
This method can be used like prevention - after such a session, the lemon becomes more resistant to any pests.
Spider mite on a lemon tree - photo:
How to deal with spider mites on strawberries, you will find out by watching this video:
Spider mite on strawberries - photo:
On the effective and harmless method of processing berries from spider mites and other pests in this video:
The spider mite is a rather unpleasant pest, which is best dealt with proactively.
Timely watering of the plant, spraying and soil maintenance can significantly reduce the likelihood of its occurrence.
Modern means of combating spider mites have shown high efficiency in the fight against the parasite, however, the prevention of spider mites is much more profitable economically and requires less labor.