We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Scoops - small cute faded butterflies, resemble house moths, there are different types in nature. And they do no less harm. True, they do not eat wool and household products, but plants in the garden. Adults do not damage crops, but hatch caterpillars - the main danger to crops.
If you want to preserve your harvest - start destruction activities and preventing the appearance of this pest. Scoop up measures to combat it further.
Step-by-step instructions for the fight
With a butterfly scoop in the garden
Scoop and fight with it has a number of features... How to deal with a scoop in the garden, read below.
- Forecasting with pheromone traps. Traps show the exact time of the beginning of butterfly summer and the appearance of caterpillars. Initially, the years passed during the flowering period of dandelions. But now all the terms are shifted and stretched in time. Therefore, forecasting is very important for timely action.
- In order not to poison plants with chemicals, first you should try to remove the scoop with folk remedies.
- Attracting natural enemies of the scoop - trichogramma and poach.
- Hang bait - traps throughout the garden.
- With insufficient efficiency use biologics against scoops.
- If they did not help to completely get rid of the butterflies, use "heavy artillery". Garden scoop measures to combat it should include chemical insecticides.
- Finishing the garden season, it is worth digging up all the ground deeply, since the scoops hibernate in the ground. After digging, most of the pests die.
Now you know how to get rid of the scoop in the garden. About caterpillars scoop how to fight further.
- At the beginning of the season dig up the soil as deep as possibleto reduce the number of overwintered pests.
- When planting, use the alternation of different plant cultures.
- It is imperative to eliminate weeds that serve as the initial food source for the larvae.
- When the first single copies appear start collecting them manually.
- If the number of caterpillars begins to increase, they select a means to destroy them.
- If ineffective, biological products are replaced with chemical insecticides.
- After harvest again apply a deep digging of the site.
It is recommended to use sparing drugs from the group of folk or biological.
Scoop gnawing methods of dealing with it below.
With a gnawing scoop
- the main measure to reduce the number - digging the soil to a depth of at least 25 cm... It is carried out twice a season - before planting and after harvest. Such a procedure will get rid of most of the existing pests in the caterpillar and pupa stage;
- after planting regularly loosen the soil between the rows and beds with a thorough inspection. All found caterpillars are immediately removed and destroyed;
- eliminate weeds not only in the garden, but also around the entire site;
- gnawing moth butterfly lure out of the drinkthat ferments - kvass, molasses, beer, compote;
- to destroy the larvae that live in the ground, it is necessary to apply soil insecticides.
Some experienced gardeners use a tank mixture of the drug (1/2 of the required dose) with urea (100 g per bucket of water).
Cotton shovel control measures are slightly different, more on that below.
With cotton scoop
Cotton scoop - quarantine pest against which special measures are applied... Scoop how to deal with it further.
Quarantine procedures include:
- unrelenting control over purchased seedlings, seedlings and bushes. Pay special attention to cotton, chrysanthemums, tomatoes, corn, roses and eggplants. But at the same time, remember that the cotton bollworm is an almost omnivorous pest;
- when a pest is identified, the entire batch of acquired sprouts is subjected to fumigation, as well as containers;
- broad and active use of pheromone traps.
Photo scoop and fight with it, see below.
Scoop how to deal with it? The ensuing struggle is:
- IN compliance with all rules of agricultural technology in closed greenhouses and in open areas.
- Continuous monitoring and identification of pests at all stages of development.
- Meticulous and timely cleaning of weeds with its subsequent burning.
- Preventive treatment of suspicious plants with chemical insecticides.
Potato scoop control measures read on.
Fighting the potato scoop in many ways similar to measures in the garden. How to deal with the potato scoop further.
- Firstly when harvesting weeds, pay attention to cereal species;
- for the destruction of larvae, insecticides are used both for soil treatment and for spraying plants;
- do not plant potatoes next to tomatoes - potato scoop can get over from one favorite culture to another.
Cabbage scoop measures to combat it, read below.
- Deep digging of the site.
- Planting seedlings as early as possible in open groundto avoid mass destruction of sprouts by moth caterpillars.
- Regularly inspect the plants and manually collect the larvae and eggs found.
- Feed cabbage seedlings with superphosphate and potassium chloride.
- In case of mass reproduction of pests, carry out treatments with folk or biological insecticides. They can be done as a preventive measure.
- Spraying with chemicals must be donewhen the rest of the funds don't work.
Be sure to adhere to the specified last processing times before eating.
Cabbage scoop and control measures, see the video.
Tomato scoop: control measures and how to get rid of scoops on tomatoes further.
In general, the events are the same, as in the garden and on potatoes. So, a scoop on tomatoes - the methods of dealing with it are slightly different. There are small nuances that distinguish the fight of scoops on tomatoes.
- in the fight against weeds, the first to destroy the quinoa, the white mare, nettles. And also watch out for their reappearance;
- when processing, use mainly biological or chemical preparations.
The preparation from the scoop on tomatoes can be purchase in a specialized store... Scoop on pepper how to fight next.
The algorithm of actions is the same as in the garden in general and on potatoes in particular.
Means of struggle
Subdivided into 2 groups - bacterial and avermectins... Bacterial agents contain toxins of microorganisms with neurotoxic effects on pests.
Avermectins are waste products of streptomycetes pathogenic fungus. They also kill ticks and nematodes.
- Dendrobacillin. Bacterial agent effective against scoops and safe for humans. The consumption rate is 25-30 g per bucket of water. You can do up to 2 treatments per season.
- Bitoxibacillin. A product of the activity of bacteria, which inhibits the production of digestive enzymes, disrupts the intestines. In addition, it has a negative impact on all subsequent generations of scoops. The consumption rate is quite economical - about 20 ml of the product per hundred square meters, first diluted in a bucket of water.
- Lepidocide. A bacterial agent that acts against any leaf-eating caterpillars, including the scoop. Consumption rate 25-35 g per bucket. Enough for processing 1-2 acres.
- Entobacterin. Microbological remedy for leaf-gnawing caterpillars. Consumption rate - 3.5 kg per hectare of area.
- Fitoverm... A bacterial preparation against many pests, including all types of scoops. Consumption depends on the type of crop being treated and ranges from 1 to 4 ml per bucket of water.
- Agravertine... A product derived from fungi. It has a long shelf life, is safe for people and the environment, and works against most pests. Consumption - 3 ml of product per liter of water.
- Aktofit... An innovative product from the avermectin range. Consumption 4 ml per 1 liter.
- Natur Guard... Insecticide from the Sophora plant with neurotoxic properties. Causes paralysis of limbs and death of pests. Consumption 10 ml, diluted in 5 liters of water.
They are subdivided into neonicotinoids, organophosphorus compounds and pyrethroids. Modern tools of the latest generations often have combined composition.
- Proteus... A two-component drug consisting of deltamethrin (pyrethroid) and thiacloprid (neonicotinoid). The composition also includes oil, which protects the main substances from washing off and evaporation. For 1 hundred square meters, up to 5 liters of working solution obtained from 7 ml of the product are consumed.
- Zolon. Organophosphorus agent with high toxicity. Possesses selective properties, does not harm beneficial insects. Consumption - 2 ml per 5 liters of working solution.
- Karate - Zeon... Insecticide of the pyrethroid class. Destroys caterpillars and adults. 100 ml of the drug is consumed to treat a hectare of area.
- Decis is a pro. Works against all types of scoops, including gnawing ones. Used to process the plant itself and the soil around it. To make a solution for processing, 1 g of the product is mixed with a bucket of water. The volume is enough for 2.5 acres.
- Fury... Analog - Kinmix. Preparations of the pyrethroid group. Contact and intestinal remedy against many pests. Consumption for a bucket of water - 1.5 ml of the product.
- Bazudin... Granular soil treatment agent. Use in damp ground increases its potency. To process a hectare of plantings, about 20 kg of pellets are required.
- Stefesin... Synthetic pyrethroid with intestinal penetration. Consumption of 1.5 ml of the product for a bucket of water for treatment of 100 sq.m. landings.
Dursban, Fufanon, Danadim also belong to organophosphorus agents with an identical effect.
Read on about folk methods of struggle.
Folk ways of fighting
- Sagebrush... Soak 1 kg of fresh plant parts (stems and leaves can be used) in 3 liters of water and boil for 15-20 minutes. This broth is completely harmless to people, therefore it can be used often.
- Tomato tops... Acts against the coleworm and its larvae. For 10 liters of water, take about 3.5 - 4 kg of fresh raw materials. Cook for 25-30 minutes, filter and dilute with water in a 1: 3 ratio.
- Red or black elderberry... Flowers and leaves (300-400 g) must be boiled in a bucket of water for half an hour. Add liquid soap to the working solution - 40-50 grams.
- Pepper Highlander (water pepper) is a very effective tool for killing caterpillars. Apply fresh plants cut in June or July. A bucket of water requires 1 kg of raw materials. After boiling for 30 minutes, the broth must be cooled and filtered.
- Bitter red pepper... You can use both dry (500 g) and fresh (1 kg) raw materials. It must be boiled in 10 liters of water for about an hour. The broth should be infused for at least 24 hours. Before processing, it is diluted in cold water in a ratio of 1 part of the broth to 7-8 parts of water.
- Sarepta mustard... Dry powder (50 g) must be boiled in a liter of water, left to cool for a while. Close tightly and insist for at least a day. Dilute this volume with 20 liters of cold water. The broth is used for spraying affected plants and processing planting material.
- Large burdock (burdock)... Finely chop the leaves and stems and put them in a bucket, filling it to the middle, add water to the brim. Cover and leave for 2-3 days. To improve adhesion, you can add liquid soap - 40-50 grams.
- Large-flowered delphinium... Grind inflorescences (100 g) and leave for 2 days in a liter of water under a closed lid.
- Onions or green onions... A quarter of an average onion is required per liter of water. It is better to grind it, leave it to infuse overnight (10-12 hours), filter it and use it for processing plants. If you feel sorry for the onion, you can use the husk (7-8 g per liter).
- Garlic... Insist a couple of cloves in a liter of warm water for 3-4 days. For spraying, dilute the infusion with 5 parts of water.
- Black henbane... This plant becomes most effective during the flowering period. At this time, cut off the ground part, grind and fill with water - 10 liters per 1 kg of raw materials. Insist 11-13 hours.
How to process tomatoes from a scoop, read on.
- Wood ash, lime and tobacco powder... The components are mixed in equal amounts and the affected plants are pollinated. Use scoops against caterpillars.
- Liquid soap and wood ash... Pour 2 glasses of ash and 1-2 dessert spoons of any soap into a bucket of cold water. Used for spraying plants.
- Potassium permanganate... Treatment of plants with a manganese solution has threefold benefits - it works as a means of fighting the scoop, as a fertilizer and a disinfectant that kills bacteria and viruses. To spray bushes and young seedlings, make a glass of a strong dark solution of potassium permanganate and pour it into a bucket of water, stir very well.
- Potassium chloride and superphosphate... Also helps with aphids. 5 g of potassium and 10 g of superphosphate are diluted in a bucket of water. The mixture is infused for about a day, used several times with an interval of 8-9 days, up to 3 times per season.
- Kerosene... 700-850 ml of kerosene and 350-450 g of soap (better than household soap, but any other is possible). Dissolve the soap in a liter of hot water, gently pour kerosene there in a small stream and add another 9 liters of water. Stir all this and use immediately for processing plants.
The double effect is the destruction of the moth caterpillars and the potassium-phosphorus fertilizer.
Folk remedy tips
To scare away butterflies, you can expand or hang eggshells between plant beds and rows.
Lures for catching adult scoops are made from sugary drinks that can ferment. These include any syrups, molasses, kvass, juice, beer, liquid jam. Place the bait in small containers such as yogurt jars... Do not forget to clean up the scoop you come across.
Birds are very fond of the larvae of the scoop, so their attraction will significantly reduce the pest population. Flycatchers, titmice and sparrows are especially helpful.... For them, you can make feeders and nest boxes. Tits will be attracted by pieces of unsalted bacon.
If you plant cilantro and basil next to possible victims, scoops will not fit the plantings, they will fly around them, since they do not tolerate the smell of these herbs.
Scoops are quite amenable to destruction or scaring away from attractive for them plants. The most important thing in dealing with them is not to be lazy or fold your hands.
Even if some remedy is ineffective, you can find another. A huge assortment of various modern biological preparations, chemical or folk origin allows you to choose the most effective.