We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cabbage itself is a super healthy vegetable. Here you are full of vitamins, calcium, and fiber.
And if you also ferment it, then enzymes, which are also very important for the body, are added to the benefits.
There are many recipes for crispy sauerkraut, almost every country has them. Let's get acquainted with the most delicious of them.
Read about how to make crispy sauerkraut in this article.
Cooking recipe in three days, in brine.
Perhaps it is not even as useful as the traditional one, but there is also a useful process of lactic acid fermentation here. Let him go faster. It is prepared in a three liter can.
Based on this, we take the ingredients:
- white cabbage - 2 kilograms;
- large carrot - 1 pc;
- salt - 1 tablespoon (with a slide);
- sugar - 2 tablespoons;
- water - 1.5 l;
The ripe cabbage is best suited for sourdough. The variety is either late or medium, properly harvested and stored. The leaves are crispy and firm. The taste is slightly sweet. You can choose any carrot, but better bright orange, dense, ripe and also sweet. Salt is suitable for coarse grinding, but anyway, just not "Extra".
- We clean our cabbage from the top leaves and cut it. Rub the carrots on a coarse grater. Mix everything in a bowl.
- We put carrots and cabbage tightly in a jar. You can tamp it with a crush, or with your hands. For spicy lovers, you can put allspice or lavrushka between the layers.
- The brine is prepared separately. Add salt and sugar to our one and a half liters of water, bring to a boil and boil for another 2 minutes. The salt and sugar should be completely dissolved.
- After cooling the brine, pour in the cabbage. It should be cold, as hot cabbage will turn out soft.
- Lightly cover the neck of the jar with gauze or a lid, just not tightly. We put the jar in a wide bowl so that the brine "runs" there. Let the jar sit in a warm place.
- After a couple of days, you will see how the brine runs out of the can. This is fermentation. When there is less of it, you can squeeze the cabbage and carrots with a spoon so that they are still in the liquid. From time to time we pierce the cabbage with a stick.
- After three days, you can determine the readiness of the cabbage by its appearance. The brine no longer runs out of the jar and the cabbage has dropped - it means it is ready. We lower it again and tamp it, then put it in the refrigerator and close it tightly with a lid.
Putting carrots and cabbage in a bowl
Putting cabbage and carrots in jars
Cooking pickle for cabbage
Fill the cabbage with brine
We put the jar in a bowl or plate
We pierce the cabbage with a stick
Closing the cans for storing in the refrigerator
Experienced housewives assure that the phases of the moon also affect the crunch and taste of cabbage. They recommend fermenting cabbage on the growing moon, best of all on a 5-6 lunar day. Fermented on a full moon, it can get too sour and the brine will run away. If you ferment it with a waning moon, it can turn out to be soft.
Cabbage is also needed here either late or medium, the main thing is to remove all spoiled and frozen vegetables. Frozen cabbage is not suitable for fermentation. It is better to ferment in a wooden container, but in the conditions of the city it is impossible to find such a cabbage, so we will manage with three-liter cans.
Preparation quick cabbage without brine:
- At the bottom of the jar we put a couple of cabbage leaves and a couple of currant leaves, dill with seeds. Wash cabbage and remove the top leaves, cut out the stump.
- We wash and clean the carrots. We chop everything: carrots with thin noodles, cabbage - with strips. Salt and grind until juice appears, while not destroying the structure of carrots and cabbage. For one kilogram of cabbage, we take 100 g of carrots and 10 g of salt.
- We put all the chopped vegetables in jars, ramming all layers tightly. After that, juice should stand out. Cover the jars with cabbage leaves with clean cabbage leaves, and on top with a dense natural cloth or gauze. Put oppression on top.
- Let the cabbage ferment at room temperature for two to three days. It is important to put the cans in the basin, as the juice will not only ferment, but also run away. After that, it can be returned to the cabbage again. And it will also throw gas and foam. We delete the last one. At first, its amount will increase and then decrease. When it is not there at all, the cabbage is fermented. In the meantime, we remove the gas by piercing.
For example, a long wooden stick, which we put on the entire depth of the dish and over the entire surface. If you do not do this, then the cabbage will turn out to be not only non-crunchy, but also bitter. And mold will burn on its surface. Then you will have to remove it, and wash the gauze, lid, upper leaves and even oppression thoroughly.
- After fermentation, the cabbage should be allowed to stand in a cool place with zero temperature. Now you need to make sure that there is always brine in the jar. Completely finished cabbage will be in two to two and a half weeks. This can be determined by the sour taste without any bitterness and by the light brine.
Put cabbage leaves and spices in the bottom of the jar
Shred cabbage and carrots or three on a regular grater
You can use a small jar of water as oppression.
We pierce the cabbage with a wooden stick
Cabbage is ready
This is a recipe for cabbage with apples, prunes and quince.
For one bucket you need:
- 1 lemon;
- a handful of salt;
- black pepper;
- 200 g of quince, apples and prunes;
- 100 g of grapes;
- 8 heads of cabbage.
By the way, the French use this method to prepare not only white cabbage, but also red and even cauliflower.
- Cut the dense cabbage heads, remove the stumps and cut the vegetables into thin strips. After rubbing with salt, place in a barrel or bucket.
- Top with black pepper, grapes, quince and apples in pieces. The next layer is cabbage again. We crush it properly and put apples, black pepper and prunes. Put the cabbage on top again, and on it - slices of lemon.
- We continue to lay out everything in the same sequence until we fill the dishes. Put cabbage leaves and linen fabric on the very top. We cover with a circle of wood and a load.
It is important here that the circle is covered with cabbage juice, if this does not work out, add salted hot water. For 21 days, leave the dishes with cabbage in a warm place.
- While she wanders, she must be periodically examined and the oppression, circle and cloth should be washed. After another three weeks, we take it to the cellar. Only then is the French crispy cabbage ready.
Laying cabbage in layers in a barrel
Add spices and other ingredients
In the Russian tradition, in addition to the classic recipe, there are others. So, we always have sauerkraut with additives, for example, with cranberries or beets. But there are other, more "exotic" recipes.
Kimchi has long been a part of world cuisine. So, you can cook it yourself.
- 3 kg of white cabbage;
- a couple of large carrots;
- head of garlic.
For the marinade:
- litere of water;
- sunflower oil;
- vinegar (250 ml);
- sugar (250g);
- salt (50 g);
- We cut the cabbage or chop it, three carrots on a special grater, cut the garlic into three parts. Place in a saucepan.
- We prepare the marinade like this. Bring the water to a boil and put all the ingredients in it, then bring it to a boil again, but do not boil it so that the vinegar does not lose its properties.
- Pour the cabbage with boiling liquid, cover with a lid and leave under oppression. Kimchi is ready in 12 hours.
We rub carrots on a special grater
Cooking the marinade
Sauerkraut for the winter is a great way to provide yourself with natural foods full of vitamins. Moreover, the recipe can be chosen to your liking, and it is not difficult to prepare a tasty and healthy dish and you can do it quickly enough.