We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Experienced and skilled gardeners prune garden trees and shrubs twice a year.
In the fall, it is made so that the trees can easily overwinter.
In the spring, the branches are cut before the buds bloom, and also before the trees in the garden have time to enter the growing season.
In addition, all work should be completed before the start of the sap flow process, in which case the wounds will heal faster.
In central Russia, the recommended time for tree pruning is March-April: by this time the average daily temperature will rise above 0 ° C.
In order for the garden tree to suffer as little as possible after pruning, need to cover up the wounds... Only conifers, which emit a large amount of resin, do not need putty.
In young fruit trees, wounds are treated that are larger than a 10-kopeck coin, and in adult trees, wounds that are larger than a 2-ruble coin are subject to treatment. All work on painting and putting putty on tree trunks is carried out in dry, sunny weather.
Also, any gardener will need to know about grafting grapes in the spring.
All dill planting rules: ogorod / listovye-ovoshhi / vyrashhivanie-i-uhod / pravila-vyrashhivaniya-ukropa-na-svoem-uchastke.html
Why do you need to paint over trees?
Firstly, the lifespan of any tree is positively affected not only by proper care, but also by timely treatment of wounds.
An open wound, as a rule, oozes for a long time, because of this, the tree becomes noticeably weaker. And if small wounds, the diameter of which does not exceed 2-2.5 cm, heal themselves relatively quickly, then large wounds require treatment and close attention of the gardener.
The fact is that with slow, but natural healing, many pathogenic fungi bacteria settle on the wounds of trees. They cause wood to rot and can also lead to hollows. And without processing, the cut can dry out with cracks.
Secondly, trees need to be covered not only after pruning or grafting, but also after branches and twigs break. Thanks to the biologically active substances that make up the putties or pastes, the regeneration process is faster.
The putty will protect the damaged part of the tree from drying out, as well as from insects, bacteria and fungal spores getting into the wound.
It will provide the necessary sealing of the sections, thereby preventing the penetration of infection through the damaged tissue.
Thirdly, the putty is used after damage to trees by hares or rodents, who like to feast on the shoots and bark of trees.
Some types of putty not only disinfect, but also help trees cope with the effects of sunburn in the summer, and also help prevent frostbite in winter.
At the same time, specialists and experienced gardeners do not have a common opinion on when to cover up trees: some recommend treating the wound immediately, while others prefer to wait until the cut dries up a little.
The first option is preferable, since the optimal indicators for the absence of fungal infections (including hidden ones) are found in those trees whose wounds were treated immediately after cutting or sawing.
In addition, there are different opinions about the best way to cover up trees. Let's deal with this issue as well.
What is the best way to cover up trees?
The number of different putties is increasing every year. We list those that are most often in demand among gardeners:
- garden pitch ("Pchelka", "Universal Bugorkova" and others);
- Rannet paste;
- garden putty "BlagoSad";
- biobalm RobinGreen;
- anti-cancer garden putty "ZSP";
- 5% solution of copper sulfate;
- oil paints (including those based on natural drying oil);
As for the whitewash, they are not able to protect trees from various fungi and viruses, moreover, they are easily washed off the trees by the first downpour.
Please note that the same material may behave differently in different climates. You can try several types of remedies in order to determine the best one. For example, you can apply garden varnish on one cut, and RanNet paste on the other and see which wound heals faster and more effectively.
Look at the affected area after a few years: necrosis or cancerous wounds may form in the place of poor-quality putty.
In any case, it is better to give preference to those products, which contain as little as possible petroleum products and other "chemistry".
If there are no special tools at hand, then in case of emergency, electrical tape, liquid nails, facade putty and cement mortar can be used as putty.
Using ingenuity, you can also use a varnishing antiseptic, thanks to its prolonged action, it will retain its antiseptic properties longer than a regular garden varnish.
Clay is suitable from natural materials, in addition, you can attach sphagnum moss to the damaged area.
Do not forget to familiarize yourself with the remedies for pests of fruit trees on our website.
A useful section for anyone who has a summer cottage about caring for a garden: sad / plodoviy / uxod
DIY garden pitch for a tree
Some putties can be made with your own hands at home - they will cost you less and their components will be more natural.
- In the old days, clay talkers or just clay were used to putty wounds. To make a talker, you need 200 g of clay, 100 g of cow dung, 100 g of lime, you can also add straw or wool to add viscosity. The resulting mixture is diluted with water to such an extent that it resembles very thick sour cream. This putty maintains a moderate viscosity and promotes rapid healing of cuts, cuts and wounds.
- For a long time, gardeners have also appreciated slaked lime. The solution is prepared as viscous and saturated as possible: for 10 liters of water, at least 2-3 kg of slaked lime, 0.5 kg of copper sulfate, 100 g of casein are needed.
- Forsite ointment is also easy to prepare yourself: take 16 parts of cow dung, 8 parts of chalk and the same amount of wood ash, add 1 part of river sand, and then mix thoroughly until a doughy mixture is obtained. The ointment is prepared just before applying to the damaged area. Applied with a layer of 2-3 mm, sprinkled with ash on top.
- Some gardeners cover the wound with soil and bandage it with burlap so that the earth does not wash away with rain and it does not crumble after drying.
- There are several recipes for making a garden varnish with your own hands. As a rule, a putty made from equal parts wax, rosin and grease gives a good result. First, on a light fire, you need to crush and melt the rosin, then add wax, and lastly - grease. Mix everything thoroughly to get a homogeneous mass.
- There is an easier recipe: melt 6 parts of paraffin and add 3 parts of finely ground rosin. Bring the mixture to a boil and add 2 parts vegetable oil. Leave to simmer for another 10 minutes.
- For another garden varnish recipe, you will need 8 parts of spruce or pine resin and 3 parts of sunflower or any other vegetable oil. The ingredients must be mixed while warm.
- You can melt 1 part lard over a fire, add 4 parts rosin and 1 part wax. After the ingredients are dissolved, cook over low heat for another 20 minutes. To speed up the wound healing process, you can add a crushed heteroauxin tablet to the resulting mixture.
Features and stages of spraying fruit trees in the spring.
How to put putty on a damaged area of a tree
If the saw cut is small, then it can be covered with an ordinary paint brush, but if the wound is large, then it is treated with a spatula or roller.
Experienced gardeners do not recommend spraying the putty with a spray gun, because this method is not the most economical, and besides, it will not be able to process such hard-to-reach places as cracks.
Before wounds can be healed, they must be cleaned. If you are treating an old, already dried wound, then you need to clean the surface with a garden knife.
Scrape off the layer of dead cells that cannot be restored, otherwise it will prevent the penetration of new putty to living tissue.
After cleaning, some gardeners additionally disinfect the cut site with a 5% solution of ferrous sulfate or a pink solution of potassium permanganate.
But this procedure is not necessary if any disinfectant component (antiseptic) is included in the composition of the putty you have chosen.
The putty is applied in one thin layer. The key role is not played by the thickness of the layer, but by the uniformity of the coating of the damaged surface.
Wherein healthy wood should not be smearedas this will interfere with the bark from tightening the wound.
Summing up, we note:
- putty promotes healing of tree wounds. It disinfects and protects the damaged part of the tree from drying out and getting insects, bacteria and fungal spores into the wound;
- some types of putty not only seal, but also help trees to cope with the effects of sunburn and frostbite;
- for putty, garden var, Robin Green biobalm, RanNet paste and other solutions are used; - it is better to give preference to those products, which contain as little as possible petroleum products and other “chemistry”;
- some putties can be made at home - they will be cheaper and their components will be more natural;
- a small saw cut or cut can be covered with an ordinary paint brush, and if the wound is large, then it is treated with a spatula or roller;
- the damaged area is cleaned, only then it is covered up, while the putty is applied in a uniform thin layer.