We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Recently, clematis have been enjoying the well-deserved love of flower growers.
Abundant flowering, dense foliage look very beautiful on the backyard.
Many lovers have several types of clematis. But these plants, like many others, are susceptible to various diseases and pests.
Dangerous diseases of clematis
Among the diseases of clematis, the following fungal diseases are distinguished:
1. Withering - the most dangerous fungal disease associated with the fact that clematis have a root system that can go into the soil by 1 m.
In an outwardly healthy flower, shoots suddenly become lethargic, which then dry out.
The disease is caused by spores of a fungus that lives deep in the soil. It clogs the blood vessels, which is why the metabolism is disturbed and the shoot withers.
Most often, wilting is observed in early spring after a warm winter, as well as from stagnant water, shading of the plant. The disease often occurs during a period of intensive growth, since plant tissues work most rapidly, and the plant wilts within a few hours.
When a disease appears, it is necessary to remove all affected shoots and water the plant with a solution of foundationol. A good result is also obtained by spraying with a solution of copper sulfate in early spring. To avoid wilting, you need to feed clematis, remove weeds.
2. Gray rot can be recognized by brown spots on shoots and leaves. Spores spread quickly and clematis can infect other nearby plants.
Gray rot is observed in rainy years. For treatment and prevention, you need to spray and water the bush with a solution of foundationol.
Read about clematis breeding methods on our website.
You can find clematis trimming groups here.
We make an arch for clematis with our own hands: sad / tsvetochnyj-sad / klematis / oporya-svoimi-rukami.html
3. Leaf spot (ascochitis) is expressed in the appearance of brown spots with a well-defined edge on the leaves: they become brittle and the spots can crumble, forming holes.
Spotting leads to disruption of photosynthesis and weakening of clematis, which reduces its flowering. The affected leaves must be removed and the plant must be sprayed with a solution of copper sulfate.
4. Powdery mildew affects shoots, leaves, flowers.
Clematis becomes covered with a white coating, under which the tissue dies off.
The growth and flowering of the plant stops. Powdery mildew occurs most frequently during the hot summer months, mainly in the southern regions.
For prophylaxis, damaged shoots are cut in the spring and sprayed with a solution consisting of 30 grams of copper sulfate and 300 grams of soap diluted in 10 liters of water. Spraying with a solution of soda ash is also effective.
5. Rust manifests itself in the appearance on the leaves and shoots of clematis of red pads, in which there are spores of the fungus. This leads to wilting of the leaves.
At the first signs of the disease, you need to cut out the damaged leaves and shoots and sprinkle the plant with 2% Bordeaux liquid.
6. Alternaria - dying off of weakened leaves, observed in August-September.
It is caused by a fungus that settles on old parts of the plant and causes necrosis. But with a strong defeat, it can go on to healthy leaves and shoots.
All copper-containing preparations are effective for the fight.
7. Septoria can be identified by gray spots with a reddish edge. Due to damage to the leaves, photosynthesis is disrupted, the plant becomes weak. For treatment, spray with a 1% solution of copper sulfate or Bordeaux liquid.
Rarely, but clematis also get sick with viral diseases:
1. Yellow mosaic of leaves caused by viruses carried by sucking insects. There are no effective treatments, so it is better to remove damaged plants.
For prevention, you do not need to plant delphinium, hostu, peony, bulbous plants next to it. After trimming the plants in the garden, you need to treat the tools with a disinfectant solution.
Colorless flowers appear due to improper fertilization, insufficient lighting and heat. When the causes are eliminated, the plant recovers.
Proper care of clematis will not go unsuccessful.
The varieties of white varieties of clematis can be found by clicking on the links: sad / tsvetochnyj-sad / klematis / sorta.html
Pests of clematis
Clematis can be attacked by pests.
1. Nematodes found on the roots or leaves of clematis.
If, when digging up the plant, they are found on the roots, then new clematis should not be planted in this place for several years.
The worms infecting the leaves cause them to dry out and die.
Pests enter the damaged plant from weeds or from the soil.
For prevention, it is recommended to use only healthy plants for reproduction, and regularly fight weeds. With a strong infection, clematis is better to destroy and disinfect the soil.
Sometimes marigolds, garlic, parsley, dill, coriander, calendula planted nearby give a good result in the fight against a nematode.
2. End moth - a butterfly with brown wings and golden spots. Breeds small yellow caterpillars with warts on their bodies. Caterpillars feed on clematis leaves by cutting and twisting them into a tube.
When disturbed, they release a fluid that resembles the smell of a bug. To combat moths, you need to spray the plant with insecticidal preparations.
3. Butterfly - the moth has greenish wings, appears in June-July. Lays green pupae between clematis leaves. You need to collect caterpillars with your hands and destroy them, spray clematis before flowering with "Agravertine".
4. Beet aphid accumulates on the underside of clematis leaves, sucking out nutrients from them. To fight, you need to spray with any insecticide.
5. When attacked spider mite the leaves turn yellow, the buds dry out, a cobweb appears on the plant.
Good for getting rid of the parasite helps infusion of garlic - 200 grams per 10 liters of water. You can use a solution of colloidal sulfur, actelik for spraying.
6. Slugs and snails destroy young shoots, they are especially dangerous in spring, when the plant is just awakening.
To collect parasites, cabbage leaves are laid out as baits, and ash is sprinkled on their places of movement.
Read on the site how to get rid of aphids in your area.
Effective methods of protection against wireworms: ogorod / vrediteli-ogorod / borba / kak-izbavitsya-ot-provolochnika-v-ogorode.html
1. For the prevention of all fungal diseases in early spring and late autumn, it is useful to water the soil near clematis with a solution of foundationol (20 grams per 10 liters of water), as well as sprinkle the shoots.
2. It is recommended to mulch the soil near clematis with wormwood, mint, apply fertilizers, which include ammonia.
3. Timely destruction of weeds, removal of diseased parts of clematis.
4. In the vicinity of clematis, you need to periodically change the planted plants in order to protect it from parasites, for example, from the rootworm nematode. The change of crops not only prevents the development of parasites, but also heals the soil.
5. Planting healthy plants is very important. Infected cuttings can become a hotbed of infection and infect not only clematis, but also other plants.
6. Pests are well eliminated by songbirds, so you need to create conditions for their attraction.
Subject to preventive measures, plants will get sick much less often, delighting flower growers with abundant flowering.
Clematis are not affected by diseases and parasites more often than other flowers, but it is better to detect the infection at the initial stage, then it will be much easier to cure the plant. Under good conditions, this vine can live up to 50 years.