We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Among the "signature dishes" of housewives there are many of those that use hazelnuts.
Not everyone knows that with improper drying and storage, toxic substances begin to accumulate in their nuclei.
If you care about your health and take care of your loved ones, then it is better to dry the nuts at home, and our advice will be a great help for you.
Drying hazelnuts in the oven
Let's consider step by step how to dry nuts in the oven:
- Rinse thoroughly collected or purchased nuts in the shell. Let the water drain properly. After that, free the kernels from the shell: a small hammer or a special device for splitting is best for this. Then the process will go faster, and the kernel removed from the shell will be undamaged, smooth and even.
- Go through the kernels: remove excess debris and moldy fruit.
- Place the peeled kernels in a thin layer on a baking sheet. There is no need to grease a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven for 5-10 minutes to a temperature of 120 degrees and turn it off.
- Insert a baking sheet into a preheated oven and dry for 20 minutes.
- Stir the nuts occasionally to dry evenly.
- Shortly before cooking, a characteristic “crackling” sound will appear.
- Taste the kernels, then you will not miss the moment they are ready.
- Drying in-shell nuts is also allowed: the temperature is also 120 degrees, and the average cooking time is 20 minutes.
Also read on the website how to dry plums at home.
Useful properties of dogwood jam: forlady / recipes / varenya-iz-kizila.html
Drying hazelnuts in the microwave
Unlike an oven, the microwave does not hold many nuts, so this method is fine if you have a small amount of nuts.
It is enough to take a plate or a special dish for a microwave oven and arrange the nuts so that they lie in one or two layers.
Place in the microwave and cook for 4-7 minutes (time depends a lot on the power of your oven).
So, if the maximum microwave power is 750 W, then it will take about 6-7 minutes, and if the microwave oven is new and its power is 1000 W, then 4 minutes is enough.
You can adjust the drying time yourself: stir periodically and taste the kernels. Wait, cool slightly, and then taste it.
Keep in mind that when hot, they may seem slightly "undercooked" to you, which makes them easy to overexpose.
Otherwise, it all depends on personal preference: whether you like slightly dry or heavily dried nuts.
In a drying harvester
If you have a special drying machine, then select the appropriate temperature regime (up to 90 degrees) and dry for no more than 5 - 6 hours.
Note that conventional dryers are not designed to handle the high temperatures required to dry inshell hazelnuts, so be sure to clean them first.
Features of growing cucumbers in the open field.
The specifics of growing eggplant seedlings: ogorod / plodovye-ovoshhi / vyrashhivanie-v-otkrytom-grunte / vyrashhivanie-uhod-za-rassadoj-vysadka-v-otkrytyj-grunt-baklazhanov.html
The fastest way to dry hazelnuts
The nuts can be fried in a regular skillet, in which case the frying speed will be 3 to 5 minutes. You need to constantly stir them with a wooden spatula so that the kernels are thoroughly fried.
This method has a significant disadvantage - all biologically active substances, such as vitamins, are destroyed.
Think about what you are aiming for - to preserve the maximum of nutrients or to save time during drying? If you are "for" health, then you should know one of the most laborious ways, while allowing you to keep the maximum of nutrients in nuts.
Drying nuts outdoors in natural conditions
This option is ideal for those who do not have a dryer but have a private home.
However, to spread an awning in the open air in good weather is within the power of each of us, this will require:
- The weather should be good: in sunny and windy weather, the nuts dry faster.
- Rinse, peel, sort the kernels and place in a thin layer on a wooden pallet, mat, tray, baking sheet or other container. You can also dry inshell whole hazelnuts.
- If there are a lot of fruits, then you can put them on pallets and stack them. Just make sure that the air circulates freely between the trays with nuts, otherwise they will begin to blacken and mold.
- It is advisable to cover the kernels on top with a light cloth, for example, gauze. Or put a canopy on top. Thus, you will protect the nuts from uninvited guests - wasps, ants, flies and other insects.
- Turn the nuts over periodically throughout the day to dry evenly on all sides.
- Watch the weather: if clouds have come and you feel the approach of rain, it is better to bring a container with hazelnuts. A strong wind is also not good: with large gusts of wind, part or even all of the contents of the container can be carried away.
- Bring the nuts home in the evening. Or cover the pallets with tarps. This is due to the fact that at night the humidity rises and dew falls in the morning, from which the fruits will get wet.
- Drying of nuts, on average, takes 7 days - it all depends on weather conditions and directly on the air temperature. If the weather is hot and dry, it will take less time to dry. And in cloudy weather, the process can last more than a week.
- If you dry nuts in their shells, they will not look as golden and smooth after drying in the open as they would with heat (artificial) drying.
- Please note that after drying, the volume and weight of the fruit will significantly decrease.
Growing black currants in the country is a useful and pleasant experience.
At home, nuts can be dried in both traditional ways (on a battery or oven) and modern (in a microwave and oven).
Choose the method that is closest to you and enjoy cooking. After all, delicious desserts and hearty dishes with nuts will please the other half and will cheer up beloved children at any time of the year.
So, to summarize:
- it is best to dry the nuts yourself, then the appearance of the nuts will delight the eye, and the taste and beneficial properties will be preserved as much as possible;
- prepare hazelnuts for drying: rinse the fruits thoroughly, remove excess debris and spoiled kernels;
- you can dry nuts in the oven: for this, preheat the oven to 120 degrees and dry for 20 minutes;
- drying nuts in a microwave oven takes 4 to 7 minutes, the time directly depends on the power of the microwave;
- to dry nuts in a dryer, set the appropriate temperature regime (up to 90 degrees) and dry for no more than 5 - 6 hours;
- The quickest, but not the healthiest, way is to fry the hazelnuts in a pan. The process is very fast - it will take less than 5 minutes;
- it will take about a week to dry the nuts outdoors.