We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Grapes can be propagated by seed, layering, grafting and cuttings. The latter method turns out to be the simplest and most effective in practice. Propagation of grapes by cuttings produces a strong plant. While sowing a thousand seeds will only produce 1-2 seedlings that will match their "parent", the rest are likely to be weak and bad.
- The pruning process is carried out in the fall (the best time is late September, early October).
- You need to choose the best bushes.
- Cut off the middle part of the summer shoots of the fruit arrow (after the end of fruiting) or shoots on a replacement knot. In the best case, the cuttings should have a diameter of 7-10 mm, and the distance between the nodes should be 7-10 cm.
- Clear the stalk from stepchildren, antennae, tops (unripe).
- Cut the cuttings with 3-4 buds.
- Soak in water for 24 hours.
- Disinfect in iron vitriol.
- Dry and label if necessary.
- Make the necessary sections: from the bottom 5 mm from the lower kidney, make the upper one inclined 1-2 cm above the upper kidney.
- Make 3-4 grooves 3 cm long with a needle or knife from below. In this case, you only need to cut through the bark. This is done in order to form additional roots.
Before the start of the season, learn the peculiarities of growing radishes.
How to plant carrots, read here tips for the gardener.
Potato growing technology in our article here.
Propagation of grapes by cuttings in spring
In late January - early February, all cuttings will need to be obtained. They are soaked for 2 days in warm snow water (always settled). The water needs to be changed daily. Then, for 1 day, they can be held in a special rooting stimulator.
There are several ways to germinate grape cuttings before planting in the ground. You can choose the most convenient one for yourself. The germination rate in any case will be approximately the same.
- In a transparent glass (0.5 l), 3-4 holes are made in the bottom with an awl.
- Spread a layer of 2-2.5 cm of a mixture of humus and earth (ratio 1: 1).
- Place a second glass of smaller diameter (0.2 l) in the center. The glass must be hollow.
- Fill the space between the glasses with earth and compact it, water it.
- A small glass must be filled with pre-washed and calcined river sand.
- Pour sand, take out the inner glass.
- Make a hole in the sand 4 cm deep and 1 cm in diameter.
- Insert the handle into the resulting hole.
- Pour sand.
- Sprinkle the earth on top with sand and install a plastic bottle with the bottom cut off and the cap removed.
Watering is necessary every day (or every other day with high humidity) in the amount of 30 ml of water. The bottle is removed after the roots germinate to the very walls and about 4-5 leaves are formed.
- Cut off the neck of the plastic bottle. Make holes in its bottom.
- Add drainage and 6-8 tablespoons of potting soil.
- Place the handle in the bottle, while it should be slightly inclined so that its upper part coincides in height with the bottle (namely, the upper "peephole").
- Pour the steamed sawdust on top.
- Cover with a plastic cup and turn the “eye” away from direct light.
The glass can be removed when the stalk will not fit in it, that is, in the phase of active growth.
In this case, you need to water through the pallets. At the same time, water is poured into it to a level of 5 mm, then a bottle is placed. It is enough to hold it in water for about 15 minutes. Leaving for a longer period is not recommended.
- Place the cuttings in a plastic bag with a piece of damp foam at the bottom.
- The cuttings should be resting against the foam rubber.
- Roll up the bag and put in a dark place.
- After 10 days, the rudiments of the roots should appear.
- Plant the stalk in a plastic cup as described in the first method.
Zucchini: planting and care - note to the summer resident.
We reveal the secrets of feeding cucumbers in the greenhouse in our article ogorod / plodovye-ovoshhi / vyrashhivanie-v-teplitsah / osobennosti-protsessa-vyrashhivaniya-ogurtsov-v-teplitse.html.
How grapes are propagated by green cuttings
Grapes can also be propagated by cuttings, which are harvested 10-15 days before flowering or at the very beginning. In this case, shoots from breaking off and pinching are used (two-bud cuttings).
- Shoots are placed in a bucket of water immediately after breaking off or cutting.
- You need to make the slices obliquely. In this case, the upper cut should be located 2-3 cm from the hemp.
- Remove bottom leaves.
- Plant the cuttings in a box or cups.
- Place them in a greenhouse.
- Create some shading.
As soon as the cuttings begin to grow, you need to immediately return a sufficient amount of light.
After the cuttings sprouted in any of the ways take root, you can plant them in a permanent place. But there is a second option: to grow the seedlings during the entire summer period, and in mid-September to transplant the matured plants into a grape trench to a permanent place.
Planting tomatoes in a greenhouse and caring for them.
Diseases of eggplant harm the crop. Photo ogorod / plodovye-ovoshhi / vyrashhivanie-v-otkrytom-grunte / metody-borby-s-vreditelyami-rassadi-baklajan.html.
So, following these simple tips, you can expand your grape plantation without much work and gardening skills. The result will be not only a beautiful "hedge", but also the opportunity to enjoy delicious and healthy berries. Plant and take care of it with pleasure!